izotope elements 8 + wine

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

muzikermammoth
Established Member

izotope elements 8 + wine

Post by muzikermammoth »

There was a time that izotope elements 8 was free for use. But running the installer with wine, the installer keeps trying to install into a different directory, like I: or F:, and even though winecfg is configured to point to the unix directories meant to be these drives, the installer says it isn't able to install into the directory. How do i solve this?
elcalen
Established Member

Re: izotope elements 8 + wine

Post by elcalen »

I managed to solve that issue by (temporarily) removing all other drives besides C: in winecfg. Then it just installed the software in C:.

However, I never could get the software to actually work. The plugin started up normally, but I kept getting an error when trying to authenticate it. And when exciting the authentication window, to try it out in demo mode, it just crashed... I tried both the dedicated installer for the plugin, and via Izotope Product Portal, with basically the same results. That was back when they did the free giveaway, I haven't tried it again since, 'cause it wasn't a very high priority to me...
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.