ILOK, eLicenser & Waves plugins....

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ubuntuuser
Established Member

Re: ILOK, eLicenser & Waves plugins....

Post by ubuntuuser »

SuperNovaa41 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:10 am When I attempt to install the iLok license manager it gets to the PACE installer but it freezes on the install screen. Image
I've tried this with various overrides posted in this thread, and with a clean wine install... Does anybody have any clues as to how to solve this?
I've only installed it using Wine Staging.

It ran ok, see my post above.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Today I installed iLok to ubuntu 18.04 running Wine Staging (wine-5.20) and no problems.

It looks like working, have run 2 plugins which need iLok.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

y6nH
Established Member

Post by y6nH »

Bumping this thread, since I've run into some of the same problems. I'm running Manjaro. For me, iLok installed under Wine without a hitch, and has internet access. It works for my Soundtoys plugins (LittlePlate and SieQ) - I ran the Windows installers, updated yabridge, all good.

But PhoenixVerb... the installer won't even run. It tells me "called Tcl_Close on channel with refCount > 0", which is not helping. The iZotope Product Portal and Vocal Doubler installers do the same thing.

I copied PhoenixVerb.dll from my old Windows installation and tried wrapping it using yabridge, linvst and Carla, but the wrapped plugin times out when I try to load it.

Trash2, another iZotope plugin, installs OK in Wine, but refuses to licence, whether using iLok, online or offline methods. (Nice of them to provide three methods, but...) It runs in demo mode.
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Post by ubuntuuser »

y6nH wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 pm Bumping this thread, since I've run into some of the same problems. I'm running Manjaro. For me, iLok installed under Wine without a hitch, and has internet access. It works for my Soundtoys plugins (LittlePlate and SieQ) - I ran the Windows installers, updated yabridge, all good.

But PhoenixVerb... the installer won't even run. It tells me "called Tcl_Close on channel with refCount > 0", which is not helping. The iZotope Product Portal and Vocal Doubler installers do the same thing.

I copied PhoenixVerb.dll from my old Windows installation and tried wrapping it using yabridge, linvst and Carla, but the wrapped plugin times out when I try to load it.

Trash2, another iZotope plugin, installs OK in Wine, but refuses to licence, whether using iLok, online or offline methods. (Nice of them to provide three methods, but...) It runs in demo mode.
I think they are Wine related problems viewtopic.php?t=21181
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Post by ubuntuuser »

The Eventide plugins seem to work ok with ilok and wine.

This was with Wine 6 stable on Manjaro.

There might be some problems with ilok depending on what's previously been put into the wineprefix, maybe some dll conflicts or whatever.

I did try some ilok plugins where ilok wouldn't work and I had a lot of things installed into the wineprefix (ala ~./wine) and when I deleted the wineprefix and ran winecfg (to setup a new wineprefix) and then installed the ilok plugins then it was ok.