Piano roll question

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

Impostor
Established Member

Piano roll question

Post by Impostor »

Hi,

About MusE:
Does anyone know how I can make the currently played midi notes visible on the piano in the piano roll? Or is this not a feature (yet)?
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Piano roll question

Post by Tim E. Real »

Do you mean light up the piano notes when playing or receiving midi input?
No, it does not do that.
But I agree it would be useful, and I have thought about it a few times.

(I would also like to add miniature meters on each track in the Arranger, similar to Rosegarden,
to show at a glance which tracks are currently playing 'content', without having to look at the mixer.)
Impostor
Established Member

Re: Piano roll question

Post by Impostor »

Tim E. Real wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 pm Do you mean light up the piano notes when playing or receiving midi input?
No, it does not do that.
But I agree it would be useful, and I have thought about it a few times.

(I would also like to add miniature meters on each track in the Arranger, similar to Rosegarden,
to show at a glance which tracks are currently playing 'content', without having to look at the mixer.)
Yes, that's what I meant. Since I can't play even the simplest tune in time it'd be nice to see at a glance where to draw notes :)
But I'll manage without. Wonderful program MusE is. Especially nice to have an appimage of the latest version available. Linux Mint 20's repo still has version 3.02..