Pedal doesn't work when using sfizz

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

a3533
Established Member

Pedal doesn't work when using sfizz

Post by a3533 »

Hi, I'm having problem when using sfizz doesn't seems to respond to pedal (and any other controller signal, it does not respond to modwheel when I try Virtual Playing soundfont). I tried using the fluidsynth for another sf2 and it does work just fine. I tried the precompiled binary and also compiled myself, both doesn't work. The standalone sfizz_jack does work though. Do anyone have idea what is going on? I assume my setup is correct, but just in case, I create a sfizz track and midi track then connect the midi output to sfizz.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Pedal doesn't work when using sfizz

Post by Michael Willis »

You can discuss this with the developers on the sfizz discord chat, or report an issue on the github project. They are friendly and generally very responsive.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

Tested: Same result here. Also in QTractor. Looks like a problem with the plugin, not responding to controllers,
although pitch wheel works but that's not an actual 'controller'.
a3533
Established Member

Post by a3533 »

Tim E. Real wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:33 pm Tested: Same result here. Also in QTractor. Looks like a problem with the plugin, not responding to controllers,
although pitch wheel works but that's not an actual 'controller'.
Hmm seems like this could possibly be a bug for sfizz, but it is weird that everyone seems to be able to use it just fine since no one bring this up.
Michael Willis wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:36 pm You can discuss this with the developers on the sfizz discord chat, or report an issue on the github project. They are friendly and generally very responsive.
I think I will go to there now, thank you.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

I should mention that I only tried it with the default instrument.
I downloaded an sfz but I couldn't make it work.
So maybe the default instrument does not respond to any controllers?
a3533
Established Member

Post by a3533 »

Tim E. Real wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:15 am I should mention that I only tried it with the default instrument.
I downloaded an sfz but I couldn't make it work.
So maybe the default instrument does not respond to any controllers?
Oh it could be. Could you try the Salamander Grand Piano sfz? That's the one I'm using.