No loading fluidsoundfont

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

saturnin51
Established Member

No loading fluidsoundfont

Post by saturnin51 »

Hi,

I have this issue for ages. When I want to use the Fluidsynth, I can load any soundfont. I have the FluidR3Mono_GM.sf3, default-GM.sf" etc
sunrat
Established Member

Re: No loading fluidsoundfont

Post by sunrat »

saturnin51 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:37 am Hi,

I have this issue for ages. When I want to use the Fluidsynth, I can load any soundfont. I have the FluidR3Mono_GM.sf3, default-GM.sf" etc
Presumably you mean "can not load any soundfont". How are you trying to load it? Qsynth, Calf Fluidsynth? Plugin or standalone? What location is the soundfont?
I tried the FluidR3Mono_GM.sf3 in Fluida plugin and it works fine, and also have .sf2 soundfonts working well in Qsynth standalone. I'm not sure the old .sf soundfonts are supported.

Can you load an .sf2 soundfont such as the SalamanderC5-Lite, Grand Piano SoundFont (SF2 version) from here - https://sites.google.com/view/hed-sound ... r-c5-light ? It's only a 10.7MB download and sounds OK even compared to the >700MB standard Salamander Piano.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

I think he might be using our own FluidSynth MESS plugin.
Are you sure that's SF3? I didn't know the FluidR3 comes in SF3 format now, does it?
SF3 is a format created by Muse Score.
Several months ago I included support for SF3. They should load in our MESS FluidSynth plugin.
Maybe your MusE version is too old?

Let me know if that's true and any further info you can give.
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

Tim E. Real wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:16 pm I think he might be using our own FluidSynth MESS plugin.
Oops, sorry, I didn't notice this post was in the MuSE section. I downloaded that mentioned SF3 soundfont from a Muse Score Github page so I guess it is actually SF3.
saturnin51
Established Member

Post by saturnin51 »

I use the Fluidsynth Mess plugin. For a time I loaded the Fluid3Mono_GM.sf3 located into /usr/Share/fluid3mono-gm-soundfont.

I try with others fonts into /usr/share/sounds .sf2 or .sf3 with not result for almost. Finally Default-GM.sf3 loads. It is the only one that I can load.