Korg NS5R idf

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

Largos
Established Member

Korg NS5R idf

Post by Largos »

There is already a Korg NS5R idf included with MusE but it does not include 8 banks of various patches. Ages ago I made .ins version for these, so I did some reformatting and there are two files attached.

NS5R CmbPrg.idf contains just these 8 banks
ns5rplus.idf has the eight banks and also the original ns5r.idf combined into one file.

The original file categorises by instrument. This is the best way for the part of the module that been documented because there are one or two patches in a bank here and there. The part I did has full banks, so I did not put those in categories. The category list would be a mess, anyway.

CmbU and PrgU are the same as CmbC and PrgC because user patches can be saved there and by default they mimic the C banks. I put them there because I figured if people want to enter their own custom patch names, it's easier if they are already set up.
Attachments
Korg NS5R.tar.gz
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
kybos
Established Member

Re: Korg NS5R idf

Post by kybos »

So it means we should replace the original ns5r.idf file by ns5rplus.idf in master?
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

Yes, that's the best way. Ns5rplus is the original with updated 8 extra banks.
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

I updated the idf file in master, thanks!