MusE 4.0pre2 released

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

spamatica
Established Member

Re: MusE 4.0pre2 released

Post by spamatica »

kybos wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:44 pm It's nothing to do with MakePath.
To my understanding, it's a kind of free parameter (not a port), and can have many different types/atoms. Path is only one of them. The handling is quite different from normal ports/controls. At least that's what I gather from the existing implementations (like jalv), as there is of course no documentation except the low level API description. So I'm certainly no expert and may be wrong, but I find the whole thing pretty complex and nothing like a quick fix.
Ah, my bad. You are probably right.
MusE DAW
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:24 pm Ok, my issue has something to do with Gnome why it won't build.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/atkmm/-/issues/2
Until it fixed in cmake I did next, change the line 39 in muse-4.0pre2/muse/lv2Gtk2Support/CMakeLists.txt:

Code: Select all

PROPERTIES COMPILE_FLAGS "-std=c++11 -Wno-error `pkgconf --cflags atkmm-1.6`"
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Thanks!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

Kott wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:20 am
funkmuscle wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:24 pm Ok, my issue has something to do with Gnome why it won't build.
Until it fixed in cmake I did next, change the line 39 in muse-4.0pre2/muse/lv2Gtk2Support/CMakeLists.txt:

So I suppose we should add that workaround to MusE master?
It will take ages before all distros have cmake 3.20 where this bug will be fixed.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

kybos wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:10 am
Kott wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:20 am

So I suppose we should add that workaround to MusE master?
It will take ages before all distros have cmake 3.20 where this bug will be fixed.
I guess this work around has not been added to the master yet? I still can't build this on Arch. And I don't know where to add that work around in the PKGBUILD.
I've been using the build from AUR muse-git.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Ok I've built using the git.
Awesome job guys.. Only one thing here. Still cannot export individual tracks for say moving to Mixbus for mixing.
Will that be implemented soon? If that was asked and answered earlier, please excuse the question.
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

No, I didn't add the workaround to master, as I got no confirmation and I was also afraid that it could break things for users with older systems. But it's good to hear that the current git compiles without issues on your system, so the problem is apparently the AUR script that should be adjusted.

Re track export:
I don't know of such a request. What exactly do you want to export, midi, audio?
If it's about audio, I think it can be done, even for individual tracks:
1. Create new output track.
2. Connect your audio track to it.
3. Select the output track and click menu Audio->Record Downmix to a File (or right-click the track type icon for the same).
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

kybos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am No, I didn't add the workaround to master, as I got no confirmation and I was also afraid that it could break things for users with older systems. But it's good to hear that the current git compiles without issues on your system, so the problem is apparently the AUR script that should be adjusted.

Re track export:
I don't know of such a request. What exactly do you want to export, midi, audio?
If it's about audio, I think it can be done, even for individual tracks:
3. Select the output track and click menu Audio->Record Downmix to a File (or right-click the track type icon for the same).
Thanks, I'll try that.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

kybos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am Re track export:
I'm not sure there is a bug for it but we should add what is commonly referred to as 'export stems' (I think).
Basically a convenience function that downmixes all source tracks individually to separate audio tracks without having to do it manually for each track.
For collaboration with others this is a life saver.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:03 pm
kybos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am Re track export:
I'm not sure there is a bug for it but we should add what is commonly referred to as 'export stems' (I think).
Basically a convenience function that downmixes all source tracks individually to separate audio tracks without having to do it manually for each track.
For collaboration with others this is a life saver.
yep that's it or in some DAWs like Reaper they call it Rendering.
garvalf
Established Member

Post by garvalf »

kybos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am If it's about audio, I think it can be done, even for individual tracks:

it's true an automatic export for all the tracks, at the same time, would be a time saver. For 3 tracks it's rather ok, for more it can be tedious.
I've found a way to get all the wav I needed (it's a workaround).

1. create one new audio track for each intrument you need to export (I've only tested with vst/lv2, not from audio recordings)
2. connect to the input of the new audio tracks, the instrument you need to export
3. arm the recording on all the new audio tracks.
4. "record" using the main record like when you record audio track. All instruments will be rendered / dumped on all individual audio tracks.
5. go into your project folder: your "exported" tracks will be named "TRACK_name_TAKE1.wav".
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

garvalf wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:34 pm
kybos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am If it's about audio, I think it can be done, even for individual tracks:

it's true an automatic export for all the tracks, at the same time, would be a time saver. For 3 tracks it's rather ok, for more it can be tedious.
I've found a way to get all the wav I needed (it's a workaround).

1. create one new audio track for each intrument you need to export (I've only tested with vst/lv2, not from audio recordings)
2. connect to the input of the new audio tracks, the instrument you need to export
3. arm the recording on all the new audio tracks.
4. "record" using the main record like when you record audio track. All instruments will be rendered / dumped on all individual audio tracks.
5. go into your project folder: your "exported" tracks will be named "TRACK_name_TAKE1.wav".
Thats... thats super! Why didn't I think of that? :D
MusE DAW