Import and reading MIDI file

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

saturnin51
Established Member

Import and reading MIDI file

Post by saturnin51 »

I import a MIDI film in Muse. With several issues.

After the import I assign for each track an input routing corresponding to the track channel: midi-jack-0 channel n. I assign a GM instrument to each track

If I start reading at measure one, back to the desktop immediately. So I start at measure 2, after the sysex messages, OK. Then if I press Home key or 7 or Start icon, back to the desktop.

The sysex messages are very quite standard: Volume, pan, reverb, effect, program.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Import and reading MIDI file

Post by Tim E. Real »

Hi. Sorry about the crash!
Before you press play on your creation, please save it to a .med file and post the file or a link to it.
I will examine it to see if there are any clues why it might be crashing.
Thanks.
saturnin51
Established Member

Post by saturnin51 »

Hi Tim,

I solved the issue by deleting the Muse directory in .config or .local. I installed Muse on an other desktop and the issue didn't occur.
As I had saved my project I had not longer the issued project.

Thank for your help.

PS: How is it possible to delete a Muse installation, now I use the app image.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

saturnin51 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:30 am PS: How is it possible to delete a Muse installation, now I use the app image.
If you still have the build folder for your previous muse installation you can run:
sudo make uninstall

I see now it is not a complete uninstallation though, all folders seem to be left behind.
If you built it with default prefix all files will be under /usr/local
There will be folders called muse-4.0, at various places, left under /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/share, if you want it clean these need to be removed manually.
MusE DAW