When recording from MIDI input, some notes aren't read fully

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

wyllyjon
Established Member

When recording from MIDI input, some notes aren't read fully

Post by wyllyjon »

Hello !

Maybe my title in not very meaningful...
I am recording something from my MIDI keyboard and some notes are "cut". They are complete in the MIDI data but the sound is cut.
If I play from just before the problem, the note sounds complete, but if I launch it a bit more before, it sounds cut...
So, I assume that this is a problem with the instrument, but not sure... (I use sfizz with SalamanderGrandPiano)

There is no XRUNS showed in Muse, so I think this is not the problem. I don't think it is a hardware problem (CPU full for example) because it happen always on same notes.

I would like to export the music to show you the problem, but didn't found how I can do that...

Any idea of the problem ?

EDIT : I do have XRUNS, but they don't always happen when the notes are cut (some are cut without XRUNS)
Here is the message from QJackCtl :

Code: Select all

14:54:10.848 XRUN callback (13).
Wed Dec 23 14:54:10 2020: ERROR: JackEngine::XRun: client = MusE was not finished, state = Running
Wed Dec 23 14:54:10 2020: ERROR: JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
oscillator
Established Member

Re: When recording from MIDI input, some notes aren't read fully

Post by oscillator »

If you select File > Export Midi file I can look at the midi data on my setup.

You should also try playing the midi track with another synthesizer. Does the problem persist?

You can also zip the .med file (the song file saved by MusE) and attach it if it is not too big.

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik