Several ,issues v4

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

saturnin51
Established Member

Several ,issues v4

Post by saturnin51 »

1- When you save a project, if you try to choose the directory of the project (first line of the windows) then the program freezes.
2- Metronome setup :
- no way to use the MIDI click.
- If you active the metronome and then de-active it, it still remains active.
- Pre-count on play does not play
3- Why we can display measure without limits ? At the beginning, I want to place marker for different part of the project. But the bottom slider arrives and blocks to the right, without possibility to go further. The only way is to retract the measure by CRTL-roller. No user-friendly !
kybos
Established Member

Re: Several ,issues v4

Post by kybos »

saturnin51 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 pm 1- When you save a project, if you try to choose the directory of the project (first line of the windows) then the program freezes.
I can't reproduce it, but I had a similar problem with the color dialog on one system. Qt sometimes hangs when calling standard system dialogs.
In MusE 4 I added a new option that should solve this:

Settings->Appearance->Themes->Use native standard dialogs

For me it works best when unchecked.
Last edited by kybos on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spamatica
Established Member

Re: Several ,issues v4

Post by spamatica »

saturnin51 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 pm 3- Why we can display measure without limits ? At the beginning, I want to place marker for different part of the project. But the bottom slider arrives and blocks to the right, without possibility to go further. The only way is to retract the measure by CRTL-roller. No user-friendly !
The length of the song is set with the Bars parameter in the Arranger toolbar and this controls how far we can scroll. For me it defaults to 150 bars so there should be some room to add markers?
Though, I agree it would be better if it was possible to just keep scrolling.
I don't know exactly why the length is user defined and why the scrolling is controlled by this.
MusE DAW