MIDI Editor - select all events in sound

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

The_JinJ

MIDI Editor - select all events in sound

Post by The_JinJ »

Hi

Hopefully I can explain this ok :?
I want to select all the midi notes in a single line in the drum editor as per the screen shot. I can select all or use the pointer to select (and scroll along to get them all) but is there a way to select all in the line without doing this?

Hope that makes sense!

Using 4.0 pre1

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Muse editor
Muse editor
muse.png (79.29 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
kybos
Established Member

Re: MIDI Editor - select all events in sound

Post by kybos »

Yes, just hold SHIFT and click one of the events. This should work both in selection (pointer) and edit (pencil) mode.

BTW: When you hover the mouse over an event, you should see a short description of possible actions for the current tool in the status bar.
The_JinJ

Post by The_JinJ »

It doesn't seem to work, can select individual notes but not all on that line. No tool tip either. Quite possible I'm doing it wrong :P
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

Tested: Both shift and tooltips work here.
Shift should work on any OS. But the tooltips I'm not sure. @kybos is that possible?
I'm on OpenSuse.
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

The_JinJ wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:17 pm It doesn't seem to work, can select individual notes but not all on that line. No tool tip either. Quite possible I'm doing it wrong :P
What distro/desktop are you using?
Do you use the MusE AppImage? If not, please try that, at least that must work, as it's independent of your system and the installed Qt version.
Tim E. Real wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm But the tooltips I'm not sure. @kybos is that possible?
There is no mention in the Qt docu that the status tips could be OS dependent, so I don't think so.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

kybos wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:07 am
Tim E. Real wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm But the tooltips I'm not sure. @kybos is that possible?
There is no mention in the Qt docu that the status tips could be OS dependent, so I don't think so.
As I recall the tooltips are a configuration in the settings dialog, maybe they are simply turned off.
MusE DAW
kybos
Established Member

Post by kybos »

spamatica wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:06 pm
kybos wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:07 am
As I recall the tooltips are a configuration in the settings dialog, maybe they are simply turned off.
This is about the status tips (tips displayed in the status bar - Qt terminology, not my invention ;-) ), not tooltips. I don't think the status tips can be switched off. I don't even see a setting to switch off the tooltips (there is one for the special note tooltips in the midi editors, but that's a different thing).