@admin: sry, I hope it's the right place. I found no other. Otherwise move it. thank you. I promise, I write very seldom.
I'm not an native english-speaker. So it is possible you find some strange diction. I hope you understand anyhow. If you like to answer me (no need) in english, it's hard to understand, but I try anyhow.
I am a user. And before I bannend M$ from my computer to install a more progressive OS called linux, I worked with a program called "Digital Orchestrator Pro" (win98) and "Cubasis" (trial-version for a time). On Linux I've looked for some similar for my kind of work and found MusE. I prefer to write my songs by mouse and keyboard, less by MIDI-keyboard. For me it's more exactly.
The MusE-Sequencer is a very good program, but still there are some particular things I miss.
- Ardour has the possibility to let appear some different rulers for tempi-change and other things. For midi-workers I think it would be helpful, if there could be a ruler for chords. Currently I do something similar with an Track and name parts. But this does not appear in the piano-roll-editor. Markers do, but you can not create different markers (different marker-colors go realized in MusE4.0; for the loop-marker you can use different linies).
- If you insert bars, it eats the direct right-sided marker.
- a possibility to insert multiple bars would be nice (maybe like in musescore)
- still I've found no function to delete bars.
The Arranger-Window - Track-Info-panel:
- There you can configure the controllers 7, 10, 0, program-select, 91, 93, 94. But if you like to take it over, you have to open the list-editor. It would be nice to have a "make-it-real" or "takeover"-button for the single or all controllers you can configure comfortable in the panel.
- a composition should have a even number of bars. If you use the first bar to initialize the devices, you get an odd number. Could there be an hidden (optional visible to edit) bar 0 for the first initializing? (or count bars starting optional with 0 and bar 0 could be hidden)
The Arranger-Window - list-editor:
If you have opened more than one list-editor-windows, you can not see, which list-window belongs to which part. In the pianorollup-editor you got a good solution in windowtitle. There you see which piano-rollup-window belongs to which part.
The Arranger-Window - parts:
- It would be helpful, if you could rename multiple parts (all selectet).
- Kdenlive has a nice funktion to group clips (parts). So you can arrange parts as a block.
- It would be nice to see controllers better in the parts. Mabe in a separate areas along one part. So the part-area ist shared in a controller-rail and in a midi-note-rail along the part. OR there can be flags inside the part as particular part-markers. But if you have a row of volume-controllers for a crescendo, you got a forest of flags.
- the backgroud could be used for additional song-structuring by creating colored and labled areas oder grouped blocks (see above) can be labled and have different background(colors).
The Pianorollup-Editor - Controller area.
- the line-function is one reason, because I use MusE. A cream topping would be, if the line could be optional changed to a beziercurve.
- for a more precie work it would be nice to have a grid behind the controllerlevels. To observe the value in the icon-bar during move the pressed mouse is a litle bit complicated. But it trains the coordination.
+ (only to know) idfs are a great thing to give instrument-list a new order. In the Polyphone-Soundfont-Editor is a function to extract the patch-names in a text-file.
- if you let the instrumet-editor order the patch- or controller-name at last, it looks more organized
Code: Select all
<Patch name="Bright Piano" prog="1" /> <Patch name="E.Grand" prog="2" /> <Patch name="Honky-tonk" prog="3" /> <Patch name="E.Piano" prog="4" />
Code: Select all
<Patch hbank="0" lbank="0" prog="0" name="Clavinova Grand" /> <Patch hbank="1" lbank="0" prog="0" name="Grand Piano 2" /> <Patch hbank="0" lbank="0" prog="1" name="Seinway" /> <Patch hbank="1" lbank="0" prog="1" name="Sustained Grand" />
maybe some things are already done. I work with version 3.0.2 on Kubuntu 20.04.1 Maybe there are some new Ideas for you. thank you for reading.
greets from austria/europa.