New MusE logo

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

ancares
Established Member

Re: New MusE logo

Post by ancares »

I don't think any new users will know this, they will just see a logo with uppercase letters at each end.
Actually that's what I saw hahaha. I agree with you that it is not the prettiest thing. Reminds me of the msn messenger nicknames... If it comes from Music Editor the program could have been called MusEd, which I really like by the way ... Anyway, I have no real problem with that if people or the creators like it.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

oscillator
Established Member

Post by oscillator »

We can do it with colors instead of capitalizing them. I also think the caps are confusing (and I didn't know this either :) ). (#30 is just a different take for fun.)
muse_logo7.png
muse_logo7.png (87.55 KiB) Viewed 1332 times

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

ancares
Established Member

Post by ancares »

Here's the idea above with a couple of variations on the fonts. The size difference is subtle, but I think enough to capture the idea. The other versions are one more exaggerated and a test with the serif to mark the capital letters in another way.
Attachments
rect1641.png
rect1641.png (136.34 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

ancares wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 pm Here's the idea above with a couple of variations on the fonts. The size difference is subtle, but I think enough to capture the idea. The other versions are one more exaggerated and a test with the serif to mark the capital letters in another way.
The biggest one works for me!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

Side note: At the SF link I posted, if you're wondering about the 'Linux' in 'lmuse', over the years
it was quietly dropped or ignored, perhaps with an eye towards one day running on other platforms.

Indeed, there is now a BSD port of MusE.
So the 'Linux' part really isn't quite accurate any more, eh? :)
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

If the 3D harp gets replaced with something that is 2-dimensional, I might have to switch out the icon to bring back the 3D look. The new flat design does not sit well with me.

Sure, anything that is modern is great and all, but that is like saying Windows 18 and 8/8.1 is better than Windows 7, because "paper-flat" is modern and "glass" is not. To my eyes, Windows 7 is way more modern than Windows 8 and 10 without the modern UI. Windows 8 and 10 is Windows XP but without the gradients.

I would still keep the current logo and icon as-is as I've been using the MIDI sequencer portion of MusE for years. Familiarity is important to me.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.