I think we might finally lay these old 'blank' and 'duplicate' track names issue to rest.
Please test as thoroughly as possible, as I fixed a bunch 'o other stuff.
Tested OK importing, saving, opening my old songs, playing etc.
Tested OK routing inputs to imported midi tracks, and saving/reloading.
Note that it was necessary to bump up the MusE song file version to 3.2,
so as usual you will be warned about opening old files, they will be saved
in the new format and some sections will be non-backwards compatible.
The two problem sections now refer to track indexes instead of track names.
You'll notice a new Arranger Track Index column which helps identify blank or duplicate track names, and all
relevant places that display a track name now show an 'augmented' name with index number, such as "1:Track 5".
Curious? Open your saved med files and note how compact that 'drum_ordering' section is now.
Complete fixes from the ChangeLog:
Code: Select all
- Fixed midi import problem as reported in forums: (Tim)
Importing tracks with duplicate (often blank) names caused problems with
'drum_ordering' and 'route' song file sections since they refer to track names.
Re-wrote to use track indexes instead of track names.
Optimized and compacted the 'drum_ordering' section.
- Added new Arranger column 'Track Index'. Helps identify blank or duplicate track names.
- **Bumped up** song file version to 3.2, necessary for the new track header column.
- Added Track::displayName() and Route::displayName(). They return strings such as
"1:Track 5" and "2:" "3:" to help identify tracks.
All places displaying a track name, such as routing popup and dialog, now show
this 'augmented' display name to help identify blank or duplicate track names.
- Fixed many semantic, code-will-never-run, allocation, header-not-guarded,
and other problems as displayed by KDevelop Problems Reporter.
- Fixed Midi Input Transformator and Midi Transformator problems.
Problems creating/deleting presets. Tested all functions OK.