Muse3 delete control events

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

vector
Established Member

Muse3 delete control events

Post by vector »

HI all,
Sorry Ive spent a while trying/reading but can't work out how to delete or clear control events.
Lets say I have drawn a stack of waveforms in the pitch wheel but now realise I dont want them.

Only way I have found to remove all this is to open the 'List' editor sort by comment, select and delete.

Is this the only way? no short cut from the piano roll window?

cheers
What would I know I'm just the bass player
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Muse3 delete control events

Post by Tim E. Real »

Hi, have you seen the eraser tool on the menu toolbar, after the pointer and draw tools?
Click the eraser tool, then move the mouse around in the controller graph while pressing the mouse button.
There should be a shortcut for the eraser tool, see the shortcuts dialog, or see README.shortcuts.

Note that you may find support for editing the controller graphs kind of limited.
Currently you can't select and then copy, cut, paste, or erase parts of the graph.
You can only draw or erase. Or draw a line with the line tool.

However, a branch I am working on (which was supposed to ready a month ago - sorry almost done)
DOES support selecting, copying, pasting, cutting, and erasing controller graph events :)

It's the selection_fixes branch. (There's a lot of debugging output at the moment.)

Hang in there folks...
vector
Established Member

Re: Muse3 delete control events

Post by vector »

Sorry for the delay Tim I just wanted to find time to confirm.
The eraser tool was the first thing I tired.
Within the piano roll I can erase notes with it but as soon as you move the eraser into the control area it returns to a mouse pointer.

so yeah sounds like we have a bug ;(
No probs the list is a good way to go I just wanted to be sure I wasnt going barmy :)
What would I know I'm just the bass player