MusE 3.0.2 released

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

spamatica
Established Member

MusE 3.0.2 released

Post by spamatica »

== MusE 3.0.2 release January 30, 2018 ==

This is another fix release, mainly improves MusE for packagers.

- Major rework of internal muse plugins to remove core dependencies, which makes it possible to provide static builds with --no-undefined
- Adde appdata file
* Added ability to not support a default out, instead midi tracks will be assigned to the last created midi device or soft synth. (also just fixed a crash bug from the initial implementation)

For the complete list of changes see:
https://github.com/muse-sequencer/muse/ ... /ChangeLog

News section:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/News

Download:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/Download

Demos page:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/Demos

Forum is dead - long live the NEW FORUM:
viewforum.php?f=61

Keep on Rocking!
The MusE Team
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: MusE 3.0.2 released

Post by funkmuscle »

nice!! thanx guys! :D
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

having the same issues again. I load a synth this time AVL drumkit multi, and in the advanced router, it shows everything connected yet in the mixer, it shows nothing connected to the synth track and I get no sound and the meter in the tracks so no activity.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:having the same issues again. I load a synth this time AVL drumkit multi, and in the advanced router, it shows everything connected yet in the mixer, it shows nothing connected to the synth track and I get no sound and the meter in the tracks so no activity.
Okay, could you list the steps you take to connect it? Using the advanced router?
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:having the same issues again. I load a synth this time AVL drumkit multi, and in the advanced router, it shows everything connected yet in the mixer, it shows nothing connected to the synth track and I get no sound and the meter in the tracks so no activity.
Okay, could you list the steps you take to connect it? Using the advanced router?
After loading the drum track and the synth, I look at the arrows at the top of the track and the synth. The track has 2 green arrows one showing IN and the other OUT.
Then I'd check the synth and the arrow showing routing in is blue. I'd click on it, open the Advanced Router and everything seems ok.
muse1.png
muse1.png (154.7 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
muse2.png
muse2.png (99.88 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

I see.
The 'in' arrow on the synth track only shows audio input, not midi. To visualize this better we shouldn't show the input arrow if there are no inputs on the synth (some do have them). The midi connection is usually setup from the midi track, though it can be manipulated in the advanced router.

Was it mainly the arrow that concerned you or the audio isn't working either?
I recall having had problems with the AVL drumkits, or atleast the kxstudio versions of them.
I forget which but I couldn't get any sound out of one of them, could have been this one, and one of the others only work sometimes.
I blamed the plugin but if it works in other hosts we should take a closer look.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:I see.
The 'in' arrow on the synth track only shows audio input, not midi. To visualize this better we shouldn't show the input arrow if there are no inputs on the synth (some do have them). The midi connection is usually setup from the midi track, though it can be manipulated in the advanced router.

Was it mainly the arrow that concerned you or the audio isn't working either?
I recall having had problems with the AVL drumkits, or atleast the kxstudio versions of them.
I forget which but I couldn't get any sound out of one of them, could have been this one, and one of the others only work sometimes.
I blamed the plugin but if it works in other hosts we should take a closer look.
AVL and DG, tried with both drum synths and same issue.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

DG, which plugin is that?

I tried just now with the kxstudio versions of Red Zeppelin, Red Zeppelin Multi, Black Pearl, Black Pearl Multi and got sound out of all of them.
I had to reload the session before Black Pearl started to make sound, and then Red Zeppelin stopped so they seem a little bit flaky.

Probably you told me,but what distribution are you on?
MusE DAW
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

It dawned on me it must be DrumGizmo.

I tried the muldjord 2.0 kit and seemed to work fine in the same session.

So we need to understand what might be different in your environment, starting with distribution and what builds you have of the various plugins.
I assume there other plugins that you have gotten sound out of?
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

spamatica wrote:It dawned on me it must be DrumGizmo.

I tried the muldjord 2.0 kit and seemed to work fine in the same session.

So we need to understand what might be different in your environment, starting with distribution and what builds you have of the various plugins.
I assume there other plugins that you have gotten sound out of?
DG is DrumGizmo.
All these worked till official release. I been using the beta since you went from 2.2.1 to 3 so that's a long time without an issue.
I never had to go to the router at all until I wanted to try the multi-channels and Tim took care of a ticket I sent in.
I'm using Arch and I've been using the git version.
I had an issue with the build dir before so as per Tim, I deleted it and that fixed things in the past so I'm doing this right now. Will let you know if it worked.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

yes it was the build dir. Deleted it and ran ./compile_muse.sh again and all works fine.
dunno why this keeps happening. I'm on Arch.
spamatica
Established Member

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:yes it was the build dir. Deleted it and ran ./compile_muse.sh again and all works fine.
dunno why this keeps happening. I'm on Arch.
Hmm, yeah. Tim did some quite extensive code rearrangements to separate our internal plugins from muse core code in 3.0.2. It did not bite me personally but I guess it's possible it would lead to some wierd issues without doing a fresh build.

If it happens again we'll dig deeper! ... if I can get into Arch :wink:
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Cool, I will keep you posted! Thanks again man!