separate windows

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

funkmuscle
Established Member

separate windows

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey guys, me again. This time it's the windows. I was using the 3beta for over a year now and got use to it. Now as of 3.0, the arranger is a separate window and the piano roll editor doesn't have a Transport on it. How do I get it back so that the arranger does not separate and the piano roll editor has transport controls?
spamatica
Established Member

Re: separate windows

Post by spamatica »

funkmuscle wrote:Hey guys, me again. This time it's the windows. I was using the 3beta for over a year now and got use to it. Now as of 3.0, the arranger is a separate window and the piano roll editor doesn't have a Transport on it. How do I get it back so that the arranger does not separate and the piano roll editor has transport controls?
First, the arranger. The functionality should be the same since a long time, in MusE Settings->Global Settings->GUI Style it's possible to change the window configuration to entirely disconnect the windows. The default should be restored by clicking on the "Traditional MusE SDI" button.
If this is already the case maybe you somehow managed to free float the arranger, so you simply need to click the maximize button to get it inline again.

Secondly, there are several toolbars in all the windows that can be opted in or out by right clicking in the toolbar background. The relevant toolbar is simply called Transport. Can't answer why it vanished but it should be possible to get back this way.
It's possible that it is there, just shrunk so it can't be seen, since too many toolbars are enabled, in which case, disable some other toolbar or try to rearrange them so all relevant toolbars are visible.
MusE DAW
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: separate windows

Post by funkmuscle »

Looks like I did fix it before this thread. I did all that. I didn't restart. This morning as I launched MusE, all back to normal.

Sorry for the headache and thanx for doing a great job.