Mr. E's

Collaborate on tunes with other forum members! Anything goes!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

finotti
Established Member

Re: Mr. E's

Post by finotti »

Michael Willis wrote: Hey, that's great! I was just feeling bad the other day because I realized that I never went through it to takes notes on the chords and such to share here. Did you end up using the Ardour project?
Yes. I had to do some clean up to be able to use, but it worked out fine in the end. (I assume... I hope there was nothing missing after my "clean up".)

Michael Willis wrote: Honestly, feel free to do any modifications that you want, I kept hoping that a good guitarist would do a nice solo at the end, possibly even replacing the synth solo which I kind of considered to be just a placeholder.
Ah... Well, I can try. I wasn't planning on it, but I will see what I can do. I've heard the solo so many times by now that it more or less became part of the song for me. :-)

Hopefully you will find the result OK. (I'd hate if someone took one of my songs and made it into something I don't like...) But I like how it is turning out.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

finotti wrote:Ah... Well, I can try. I wasn't planning on it, but I will see what I can do. I've heard the solo so many times by now that it more or less became part of the song for me. :-)
Ha! If you like it, leave it as it is.
finotti wrote:Hopefully you will find the result OK. (I'd hate if someone took one of my songs and made it into something I don't like...) But I like how it is turning out.
I'm really excited to hear what you have done. I have no guitar ability, not much confidence to do the percussion part, and very little experience mixing or mastering, so this was intended to be a cooperative project from the beginning. For what it's worth, I have enjoyed listening to your other prog pieces.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

OK, it's done!

I've posted my take on Michael's piece on the "Original Scores & Recordings" section, more precisely here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17695 (More details there!)

I'd like to thank Michael for letting me work on the song, 42low for the idea for this sub-forum, and the forum administrators for providing a space for collaboration! It was a fun project!