Open Source Drum Samples

Collaborate on tunes with other forum members! Anything goes!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

craigbass76
Established Member

Open Source Drum Samples

Postby craigbass76 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:40 am

I grabbed samples of a friend's DW set about 15 years ago. I'm more than happy to share them if anyone wants them (I use them in Hydrogen for my own stuff) but I failed to grab brush sounds. Anyone know where I can find some? Any drummers willing to make me some?

milo
Established Member

Re: Open Source Drum Samples

Postby milo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 am

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17030 In the thread there are links to download samples and a step-by-step guide for how to convert them to Hydrogen's format.

I just finished a project using these brush kit samples in Hydrogen, so I know it can be done. Good luck!

forestandgarden
Established Member

Postby forestandgarden » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 am

craigbass76 wrote:I grabbed samples of a friend's DW set about 15 years ago. I'm more than happy to share them if anyone wants them (I use them in Hydrogen for my own stuff) but I failed to grab brush sounds. Anyone know where I can find some? Any drummers willing to make me some?

If there aren't any license issues, why not offer the kit (with or without brush sounds) to the hydrogen project itself for sharing on the website? That would be the first place where I'd be looking for extra kits, but if you'd link it here, I might download it, though possibly not before summer=creativity phase.
I have come to prefer https://clyp.it over soundcloud

artofmusic
Established Member

Postby artofmusic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:14 pm

If you want really nice samples in sfz I created some sfz files for SMDrums viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19536&p=102110&hilit=smdrums+v3#p102110 follow the links for the samples.

Return to “Virtual Music Projects”