ANOTHER thread - but this one is a good one!

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dchurch24
Established Member

ANOTHER thread - but this one is a good one!

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi guys,

I have to say a big thank you to ntunk, havoc, studio32 and last but not least thorgal (and anyone else I may have missed).

Thanks guys. My hardware is now working, I'm getting high latency on Jack still, but it all seems to be in time and working.

If it wasn't for you guys I think last night I would have thrown the towel in - I should NOT have more than few beers when trying to get things working - not because it gets harder, but because I get upset about it not working instead of fixing it ;-)

If you're really unlucky I may post some of my, ahem, 'creations' up at some point ;-)

Seriously though, thank you so much - I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, and this is by far the closest I have come!

Hopefully, some of my troublesome threads will stay about in case someone has the same trouble/hardware.
thorgal
Established Member

Re: ANOTHER thread - but this one is a good one!

Post by thorgal »

no problem, that's what this forum is for :
you shoot, and maybe someone will feel touched enough to shoot back :)

talking about latency, don't forget my tips to you :
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=4084#p4084
dchurch24
Established Member

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi, thanks for that - I hadn't forgotten, but I was so chuffed to have it working last night, that I just got straight on a started recording!

Will have a look tonight, although like I say, I haven't noticed any adverse affects from the high latency as yet.

I'm still struggling with getting Jack to connect Hydrogen to Ardour (which I imagine is going to be quite easy once I find it), and am reading about Jamin too - this seems to be a useful tool (once I work out what it's for ;-) )

Thanks again, btw!
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Clad you have things fixed! :) Hoera!

I think you made a good deal with the delta 66! Enjoy!
SR
Established Member

Post by SR »

dchurch24 wrote:I'm still struggling with getting Jack to connect Hydrogen to Ardour (which I imagine is going to be quite easy once I find it)
It is pretty easy. You can connect Hydrogen to Ardour from the mixer in Ardour. I'm at work so it's not in front of me, but you'll see an input button at the top of each track in the mixer that you can use to connect outputs from other jack clients. It's a fairly painless process.