Completely Stumped!

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dchurch24
Established Member

Completely Stumped!

Post by dchurch24 »

Hi all,

I have finally had my Delta 66 soundcard arrive, but I just don't know what else I need to get it working - I was told I may need a pre-amp or a mixer of some sort, yet was told by the local music-shop man that I probably don't need one to record my guitar as my amp has an 'emulation' (line-out) socket that I can just connect to the break-out box.

I have tried plugging straight into it but get no response from Envy24 at all. I do get output shown in the Envy24 software when playing an Mp3 or movie, but when I plug into my PA from any of the outputs on the breakout box, I just get noise - you can actually hear the cpu working.

So, this has thrown me completely, getting differing information from places yet still not able to record.

I have read so much and been told so much by so many people that I am now completely confused.

Do I need to use the phonos (SPDIF? whatever that is?) on the back of the soundcard to get the output to an amplifier, or do I use the output jacks on the front of the breakout box? Or do I have to have a mixer and plug every output/input into the mixer?

At the moment, it seems as though I have bought a very expensive house brick and am starting to get dispondent about it all again. I've tried a few times over the years to get a DAW working, but failed every time.

I'm quite prepared to spend whatever I need to to get the right equipment, it's just frustrating waiting for it to turn up ;-)