Behringer xenyx x1622USB

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

aicram
Established Member

Behringer xenyx x1622USB

Post by aicram »

Dear All,

I just got this mixer for my birthday from my husband. It is supposed to work in linux. I am barely getting to know how to work it. Does anyone have any experience with this mixer? I use Bodhi with the 2.6.33-29-realtime-pae kernel.

I plan to record voice and a lap harp with it. Will this work with Ardour and Jack?

I was a bit disappointed that it reduces the quality to 16 bit through the usb connection. I thought of possibly adding the Behringer FCA202 F-Control Audio Interface to the mixer. I am hoping to have higher audio quality that way, plus add my midi keyboard to the equation. I am obviously a novice so any thoughts, suggestions, etc. will be welcome. The Behringer FCA202 is only 87.00 on Amazon.com. I am so tempted to get this.

Thanks.

Marcia

aicram
Established Member

Re: Behringer xenyx x1622USB

Post by aicram »

Dear All,

I got the Behringer xenyx x1622USB to work great through the USB connection for playing back music sounds from the computer and recording. I only had to start up alsamixer and choose the correct card. It showed up as the usb card so was easy to find. Once I chose it in alsamixer I found out that pcm was what controlled it in alsamixer and I raised the volume. It worked great, except it has a 16bit limitation through the usb connection.

I wanted 24 bit so I added the Behringer fca202 firewire audio interface to the mixer. I am able to record several channels into the computer at the same time with this setup, too. I am starting a new thread called Behringer xenyx x1622USB with FCA202 success.

Sincerely,

aicram