Developer question: saffire 6 usb

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

maghoxfr
Established Member

Developer question: saffire 6 usb

Post by maghoxfr »

Before purchasing the cheap awful USB interface I have now, I was in love with the Saffire 6 USB. Sadly it didn't run on linux.A friend of mine got it (he uses another OS) and so I tested for myself that it's not recognized by Ubuntu 10.04.

My question is this: I have access to that interface because I can borrow it anytime I want. I don't have the slightest idea on developing a driver or hacking sutff. But is there any place I can contact to see if they were interested on developing a driver for that interface?

I don't know if that makes sense, but maybe there's a project going on that I'm unaware of and they could use some info about that interface. I could copy/paste/send them the info they needed.

Just random thinking,
Thanks
autostatic
Established Member

Re: Developer question: saffire 6 usb

Post by autostatic »

maghoxfr wrote:My question is this: I have access to that interface because I can borrow it anytime I want. I don't have the slightest idea on developing a driver or hacking sutff. But is there any place I can contact to see if they were interested on developing a driver for that interface?
The ALSA mailinglists. Afaik Clemens Ladisch is the USB guru. Focusrite is not unwilling to provide the necessary documentation so it should be feasible.

Best,

Jeremy
maghoxfr
Established Member

Re: Developer question: saffire 6 usb

Post by maghoxfr »

Thanks Jeremy. I will try that mailinglist just to see if there's anything I can help. It's a really cool interfase :D