Looking for a decent audio interface ~ €400,-

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

autostatic
Established Member

Re: Looking for a decent audio interface ~ €400,-

Post by autostatic »

Hello, I don't think it's broken, those error messages shouldn't cause any bog problems and don't mean the device is broken. But did you try running alsamixer -c2 in a terminal already? Does that reveal any extra information? And could you post the output of jack_lsp when JACK is running with the Lexicon attached?

And maybe it's an idea to ask for help on the ALSA mailinglist: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user
The USB dev is really helpful afaik, maybe he could help you out on a short term.

osterchrisi
Established Member

Re: Looking for a decent audio interface ~ €400,-

Post by osterchrisi »

Hey thanks again for your advices. The alsamixer -c2 did never show me anything more than "no mixing elements here" or something like this...
The outcome of jack_lsp is pretty much the same as what I can see in the "Connections" menu of JackCtl.

But I figured something out now and maybe this is already enough: When I set the Lexicon to capture mode and my internal sound card for playback, Jack reveals four inputs. Do you think it's possible that either the Lexicon is not able to handle more than four I/Os at the same time (then I would feel really stupid) or something in my USB settings doesn't let the Lexicon have more than four I/Os at the same time...

Anyway here are the outputs of jack_lsp with the Omega being both input and output device:

Code: Select all

chrisi@mobstation:~$ jack_lsp
SSE2 detected
system:capture_1
system:capture_2
system:playback_1
system:playback_2
alsa_pcm:Midi-Through/midi_capture_1
alsa_pcm:Midi-Through/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:Lexicon-Omega/midi_capture_1
alsa_pcm:Lexicon-Omega/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_2
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_3
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_4
...and with the Omega being the input and my internal audio card the output device:

Code: Select all

chrisi@mobstation:~$ jack_lsp
SSE2 detected
system:capture_1
system:capture_2
system:capture_3
system:capture_4
system:playback_1
system:playback_2
system:playback_3
system:playback_4
alsa_pcm:Midi-Through/midi_capture_1
alsa_pcm:Midi-Through/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:Lexicon-Omega/midi_capture_1
alsa_pcm:Lexicon-Omega/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_1
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_2
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_3
alsa_pcm:TiMidity/midi_playback_4
Pretty much what you expected I guess. But thanks again for helping me on this.
The guys on the ALSA list simply won't answer, as until now I already sent 4 mails to the list and none of them was recognised in any way... I don't know... :cry:
http://zaunerelektronik.net <-- horray!
http://koma-elektronik.com <-- hot equipment for musicians and producers, handmade in berlin