Audient EVO 16 - Experiences

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ton:an

Audient EVO 16 - Experiences

Post by ton:an »

Hi,
I spent a lot of time looking for an audio interface with lots of inputs or ADAT extensibility. I was first leaning to the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 because it seems to be working well on linux, but 18 inputs just didnt feel quite enough, so I kept looking for an interface with slightly more inputs. But the next bigger thing I found working on linux were some of the RME Interfaces, but even used ones cost 1000€+, which isnt in my budget right now.

I found the EVO16 which seemed to be perfect with 24 input channels and a price of 400-500€, but sadly I found no user experiences with linux. Furthermore the price seemed to cheap for all the channels. Nevertheless I decided to try out the interface and wanted to share some experiences.

Some OS information: Arch Linux 5.19.12-zen, ALSA as driver, pipewire as sound server

At first connection, all sound started to go in "slow-motion" with a lot of distortion, and video playback was stuttering. After powering the device off and on it started working fine. Sound from applications was playing fine and I got no XRUNS, even when playing a bigger project in my DAW. Recording to DAW was also working well.

/proc/asound/cardX/stream showed all supported samplerates;

Code: Select all

Playback:
    Interface = 1
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 648
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 24
    Endpoint: 0x01 (1 OUT) (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 24
    Sync Endpoint: 0x81 (1 IN)
    Sync EP Interface: 2
    Sync EP Altset: 1
    Implicit Feedback Mode: Yes

Capture:
    Interface = 2
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 648
    Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 24
    Endpoint: 0x81 (1 IN) (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 24

In pipewire, all 24 channels were shown:
1664882697.png
1664882697.png (127.9 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
Alsamixer shows a ton of controls, with various volume faders for analogue ins and outs. Sadly the controls didnt really work for me, but then again I didnt really care about what can be done there.

Short excerpt from some of the controls in alsamixer:
1664882761.png
1664882761.png (180.24 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
Output of amixer controls:

numid=51,iface=CARD,name='Audient Internal Clock Validity'
numid=52,iface=CARD,name='Audient Optical1 Clock Validity'
numid=53,iface=CARD,name='Audient Optical2 Clock Validity'
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume'
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=1
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=2
numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=3
numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=4
numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=5
numid=9,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=6
numid=10,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=7
numid=11,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=8
numid=12,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=9
numid=13,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=10
numid=14,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=11
numid=15,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=12
numid=16,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=13
numid=17,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=14
numid=18,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=15
numid=19,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=16
numid=20,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=17
numid=21,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=18
numid=22,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=19
numid=23,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=20
numid=24,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=21
numid=25,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=22
numid=26,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=23
numid=27,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=24
numid=28,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=25
numid=29,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=26
numid=30,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=27
numid=31,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=28
numid=32,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=29
numid=33,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=30
numid=34,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=31
numid=35,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=32
numid=36,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=33
numid=37,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=34
numid=38,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=35
numid=39,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=36
numid=40,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=37
numid=41,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=38
numid=42,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=39
numid=43,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=40
numid=44,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=41
numid=45,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=42
numid=46,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=43
numid=47,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=44
numid=48,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=45
numid=49,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=46
numid=50,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue 5 Volume',index=47
numid=54,iface=MIXER,name='Audient Clock Selector Clock Source'
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Input Gain Control'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Phase Inverter Control'

Sadly I couldnt make the update / configurtion app from Audient work in a virtualbox. So I needed to boot a win10 machine to update the devices firmware. In the control application you can also make changes to the internal mixer, all the default volume levels and also the samplerate. All the settings can be stored on the device itself, so after connecting it back to linux, all settings were persisted. I dont have any ADAT preamps yet, so I couldnt verify that digital inputs / outputs are working.

All in all I am very pleased with the the interfaces capabilities on linux. Everything I originally needed was working.

In contrary to that, Im not sure if I would recommend this interface to anyone, because I am not happy with some of the hardware quirks itself. When playing back no sound at all, I can hear a steady coil whining / buzzing type noise on my headphones. This noise goes away as soon as there is any sound output. Workaround: when playing back very quiet, for humans inaudible white noise, the "coil whining" or "coil buzzing" goes away. Seems like some sort of manufacturing problem, since the problem is also on windows. This sound isnt there upon starting the interface. If i put on music and quickly stop it again, there is still no buzzing sound. But after longer listening, like 30secs, the sound starts to come and only dissipates upon power cycling the interface. To try to describe how "loud" this actually is: when listening to music with a long fade out and then the song stops, the noise is actually a little bit louder than the quietest part of the faded out music. Therefore you can really hear that some "mechanism" that specifically comes into play when theres no sound output. Maybe something to do with the digitally controlled amplifiers...
As said, the noise is rather quiet, but if youre sensitive to sound in any way it can be really distracting. I had none of these issues with my previous interface, which was using the same USB connection.

Also sound output starts to only be audible if you put it to 40%+, both on speakers and headphones. On the inputs there also seems to be some kind of amp "threshhold" until it really starts working but im not so sure about that yet, since I still need to gather moroe experiences with this device. Could also be a problem with my configuration.

Another thing I didnt pay any attention to, since I thought its always integrated: The Interface has no DIN-Midi Ports.

Im still unsure if I want to keep the interface... Technically everything works fine, direct monitoring can be achieved through a little internal-mixer-workaround and the missing MIDI can be achieved with my old interface. But the different coil whining noises can get really annoying, and if i want one thing to work perfectly on my audio interface, its sound playback. Nevertheless I have to admit that I am very sensitive to noise / unwanted sound so if youre better at ignoring quiet sounds like that, it might not even annoy you.

Maybe this post can be of help to anyone interested in the interface.

Cheers!
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Audient EVO 16 - Experiences

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your review! It's very important that Linux Musicians review hardware because manufacturers do not provide Linux support. Good to know that the interface can be used in Linux after configuring it once on a Windows machine. Also good to know that hardware wise this machine has a bit of a "noise problem".

If you do not want to keep it and you want another 8 input audio device maybe the Behringer UMC1820 is something for you (266 Euro). I think it's class compliant (read: needs no drivers per se in Linux, Win or Apple). I do not know that for sure. But beware: some of the Behringer interfaces that used to work perfectly fine in Linux in the past (USB audio class compliant) don't work well unless you have a very recent kernel. That's because there's been an (undocumented) hardware revision. It has recently been solved by the Alsa developers as far as I know.

Good luck and keep on posting your Linux audio experiences! :)
sam_Brittany

Post by sam_Brittany »

Hello!

I've also purchased an EVO16, I use Reaper 6.78 DAW with ALSA driver and Linux Mint 21.1 OS, I'm a newbie to Linux.
Almost everything runs smoothly except for some outputs routing issues :

• I wasn't able to get signal to ADAT 13 to 16.

And that's pretty much it, I haven't updated the firmware yet, nor have I used the Audient software mixer. Don't have access to a Windows or Mac computer.
From what I've read from ton:an things get settled once the configuration is made thru the software mixer and the firmware update.
I wasn't sure if the configuration stays in the HW once modified via the software.

As an ex Mac user, I was blown away when I connected the EVO16 to Linux, loaded Reaper and it was just working great! :D

Cheers !

tseaver
Established Member

Post by tseaver »

@sam_Brittany

I wasn't able to get signal to ADAT 13 to 16.

Does that mean you were able to route signal to the ADAT 9 - 12 inputs? If so, I wonder if there is some limitation related to the sample rate: I recall such a thing for some other interfaces which allowed for ADAT input (they consumed two physical channels per logical input at sample rates > 48 kHz).

Or was your issue with routing to ADAT outputs?

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
sam_Brittany

Post by sam_Brittany »

Hello tseaver,

Indeed, I wasn't able to send signal to the ADAT outputs 13 to 16.

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

Hi, first of all, thank you for this thread. I found it when considering to buy the Evo 16 and it gave me the confidence to try it.

After a few days using the Evo 16 with Ubuntu, I'm impressed about the hardware, the on-device features, and its performance. I have a Windows partition for rare occasions and I used it for the initial configuration and updating the firmware. After that, I got a plug & play audio interface on Linux. The software mixer that comes with Windows but won't work on Linux has some extra features that can't be activated on the device itself (i.e. cue mixes) but so far I'm not missing them since I have what I need in my DAW (Bitwig).

Except for one thing.

The Evo 16 has gain input for each channel (good!) and it also has a separate monitoring volume for each channel. This volume can be used to listen to each channel directly, before the signal goes to the PC. This also allows the use of the Evo 16 as a mixer in standalone mode, without any PC. This is great, except... that I haven't found a way to control this monitoring volume other than the Windows mixer. While you can set the gain of each channel through the device and without needing the PC, as far as I can see there is no such possibility for the monitoring volume.

If this is correct, it means that in a Linux system you need to choose between listening to the monitoring signal always (good for standalone mode, bad for DAW use when you want your signal processed through effects) or never (good for DAW use but then standalone mode is unusable, muted). And keep in mind that the Evo 16 considers "standalone" any scenario where the (Windows/Mac) mixer is not available, that is, always standalone on Linux.

I'm going to ask Audient whether this is true or there is a possibility to tweak the monitoring volume in other ways. And if not, whether they could consider a solution in future firmware updates. An option to mute monitoring (and only monitoring) in the settings would be good enough.

Meanwhile, do you think there is a way to solve this from the Linux audio software?

cupakm
Established Member

Post by cupakm »

Linuxmusician01 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:28 am

...because manufacturers do not provide Linux support.

Btw, Digigram and Audioscience do. Their interfaces are meant rather for the broadcast industry, but it is usable for music too. PCIe only...
Then there is RME, who mention Linux in their manuals and have a dedicated part of their user's forum for us. Their support is not official, but they implement class compliance and on-device operation really well, to a degree it renders their interfaces highly usable.

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

cupakm wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:55 pm
Linuxmusician01 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:28 am

...because manufacturers do not provide Linux support.

Btw, Digigram and Audioscience do. Their interfaces are meant rather for the broadcast industry, but it is usable for music too. PCIe only...
Then there is RME, who mention Linux in their manuals and have a dedicated part of their user's forum for us. Their support is not official, but they implement class compliance and on-device operation really well, to a degree it renders their interfaces highly usable.

Thanks for the info/tips. We really need a list/spreadsheet with all Linux/class compliant audio devices and which need (Windows) software to (initially) configure 'm.

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

icaria36 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:42 am

in a Linux system you need to choose between listening to the monitoring signal always (good for standalone mode, bad for DAW use when you want your signal processed through effects) or never (good for DAW use but then standalone mode is unusable, muted)

Just a note for future readers. I have found a workaround that allows to use the Evo 16 as a mixer without PC and also with your DAW without any interferences. The only caveat is that you need to access once the Mixer (Windows or Mac) to set the right configuration and save it on the Evo 16. After doing this one time, you don't need to access the mixer again.

The trick is to use the Master Mix for the standalone configuration and i.e. Cue 1 for the DAW configuration:

• In the Master mix configuration you set all the monitoring levels to 0dB and routing to Main speakers and Headset 1.
  • In the Cue 1 mix configuration you set all the monitoring levels to minus infinite and routings to ALT speakers and Headset 2.

No PC and you want to play standalone with your instruments? Plug your headset to 1 and select Main speakers. Jumping to the DAW? Plug your headset to 2 and select ALT speakers.

About the speakers, you either need monitors with double output (so you can connect one to Main and one to Alt) or two pairs of monitors.

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

icaria36 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:04 pm

[...] you need to access once the Mixer (Windows or Mac) to set the right configuration and save it on the Evo 16. After doing this one time, you don't need to access the mixer again.[...]

Does that software work in Wine or does one need a physical Windows machine?

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

Linuxmusician01 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:07 am

Does that software work in Wine or does one need a physical Windows machine?

I tried running the file on Wine and it didn't work, but I'm no Wine insider and I don't know whether someone more experienced could make it work.

I have a partition with Windows on my Linux PC that I only use for the occasional thing that won't run in my Linux setup.

cupakm
Established Member

Post by cupakm »

icaria36 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:42 am

I'm going to ask Audient whether this is true or there is a possibility to tweak the monitoring volume in other ways. And if not, whether they could consider a solution in future firmware updates. An option to mute monitoring (and only monitoring) in the settings would be good enough.

Did you get an answer?

Btw, have you measured RTL? (and with what chipset?)

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

cupakm wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:20 pm

Did you get an answer?

Just the typical answer along the lines of we'll forward your request to the developers but we can't promise anything.

Btw, have you measured RTL? (and with what chipset?)

No, but I can measure it if someone tells me how to (big plus if there is an Ubuntu package).

Chipset, do you mean my PC's processor?

bpow
Established Member

Post by bpow »

I have an EVO 8, which has similar limitations on linux-- something I've hoped to have the time to try to address.

As a kludge (that would at least avoid rebooting), something like https://github.com/soerenbnoergaard/evoctl or https://github.com/vijay-prema/audient-evo-linux-tools might be made to work. The problem is that the things you might want to change are just about certainly controllable using usb-level commands, but while ALSA has control of the device, you cannot send those commands. So something like the python script in audient-evo-linux-tools above grab access to the usb device, set some values, then hand control back to ALSA in the kernel. Two problems with this: you have to run as root (or do something with permissions) to allow this, and if you're running JACK, you have to stop it before and restart after.

Running things in Wine probably doesn't help-- I don't think that wine has low-enough-level usb access (and if if did, it would probably have to unload the alsa driver anyway).

The "right way" to add this functionality is at the ALSA layer. People have done this for focusrite interfaces. It might be possible to get most of the functionality of adjusting mixing/internal monitoring to userspace with some "mixer quirks" in the kernel's usb audio driver that tell it which usb audio units to expose.

From what I recall, in the evo 8 there is one "feature unit" that gets exposed as left/right channels of mic front and mic back (4 total channels), and sets input gains, and another "feature unit" that gets exposed as the two output channels (left/right, but not settable as stereo). Similarly, there is an "extension unit" that can control the phantom power on/off. The evo 8 also has a "mixer unit" that seems to handle things like low-latency monitoring, but this doesn't get exposed by alsa...

Like I said at the start, I'd like to do something like this (maybe next time I have paid time off and can spend some time working at it), but would also be happy to look up the additional notes I've made and share them if someone else wants to have a try...

In the mean time, if you could run lsusb -v -d 2708: (colon at the end is important) and paste the output here or somewhere similar like a gist, that might give the info needed to incorporate the evo 16 if/when I or someone else get a chance to look into this more.

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

Wow, thank you so much! I had no idea about these projects.

For what is worth, my system is using Ubuntu's default Pipewire configuration, not JACK.

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to mute/unmute the monitoring levels. There is a chance that this is tricky to change because that monitoring audio signal doesn't go through the USB (but what do I know). The rest of features used regularly (including enabling/disabling phantom) can be tweaked with the buttons + knob + display available in the device.

Here is the output you requested. Happy to help with testing. I will have a look to these two projects this weekend.

$ sudo lsusb -v -d 2708:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2708:000a Audient Audient EVO16
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
  bDeviceSubClass         2 
  bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x2708 
  idProduct          0x000a 
  bcdDevice            1.27
  iManufacturer           1 Audient
  iProduct                2 Audient EVO16
  iSerial                 0 
  bNumConfigurations      2
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength       0x02ea
    bNumInterfaces          4
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          3 Config
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Association:
      bLength                 8
      bDescriptorType        11
      bFirstInterface         0
      bInterfaceCount         3
      bFunctionClass          1 Audio
      bFunctionSubClass       0 
      bFunctionProtocol      32 
      iFunction               0 
    Interface Descriptor:
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Control Device
      bInterfaceProtocol     32 
      iInterface              5 Audient EVO16
      AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)
        bcdADC               2.00
        bCategory               8
        wTotalLength       0x0250
        bmControls           0x01
          Latency control Control (read-only)
        bDescriptorSubtype     10 (CLOCK_SOURCE)
        bClockID               41
        bmAttributes            3 Internal programmable clock 
        bmControls           0x07
          Clock Frequency Control (read/write)
          Clock Validity Control (read-only)
        bAssocTerminal          0
        iClockSource            6 Audient Internal Clock
        bClockID               44
        bmAttributes            0 External clock 
        iClockSource            7 Audient Optical1 Clock
        bClockID               45
        iClockSource            8 Audient Optical2 Clock
        bLength                10
        bDescriptorSubtype     11 (CLOCK_SELECTOR)
        bClockID               40
        bNrInPins               3
        baCSourceID(0)         41
        baCSourceID(1)         44
        baCSourceID(2)         45
        bmControls           0x03
          Clock Selector Control (read/write)
        iClockSelector          9 Audient Clock Selector
        bLength                17
        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
        bTerminalID             2
        wTerminalType      0x0101 USB Streaming
        bCSourceID             40
        bNrChannels            24
        bmChannelConfig    0x00000000
        iChannelNames          12 Analogue 1
        bmControls         0x0010
          Overload Control (read-only)
        iTerminal              11 Audient EVO16 Inputs
        bLength               122
        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
        bUnitID                10
        bSourceID              51
        bmaControls(0)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(1)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(2)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(3)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(4)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(5)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(6)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(7)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(8)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(9)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(10)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(11)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(12)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(13)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(14)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(15)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(16)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(17)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(18)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(19)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(20)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(21)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(22)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(23)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(24)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(25)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(26)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(27)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(28)    0x00000000
        iFeature                0 
        bLength                12
        bDescriptorSubtype      3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)
        bTerminalID            20
        wTerminalType      0x0301 Speaker
        bSourceID              10
        iTerminal               0 
        bTerminalID             1
        wTerminalType      0x0201 Microphone
        iChannelNames          36 Analogue 1
        bLength                16
        bDescriptorSubtype      9 (EXTENSION_UNIT)
        bUnitID                58
        wExtensionCode     0x0000
        bNrInPins               1
        baSourceID(0)           1
        iChannelNames         255 (error)
        bmControls           0x00
        iExtension              0 
        bUnitID                62
        bNrChannels             1
        iChannelNames           0 
        bLength               106
        bUnitID                11
        bSourceID               1
        bmaControls(1)    0x03300000
          Input gain Control (read/write)
          Phase inverter Control (read/write)
        bmaControls(2)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(3)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(4)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(5)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(6)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(7)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(8)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(9)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(10)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(11)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(12)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(13)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(14)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(15)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(16)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(17)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(18)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(19)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(20)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(21)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(22)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(23)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(24)    0x03300000
        bTerminalID            22
        bSourceID              52
        iTerminal              10 Audient EVO16 Outputs
        bLength                21
        bUnitID                52
        bNrInPins               6
        baSourceID(0)          11
        baSourceID(1)           2
        baSourceID(2)          12
        baSourceID(3)          13
        baSourceID(4)          55
        baSourceID(5)          54
        bUnitID                51
        baSourceID(1)           1
        bNrChannels            28
        bUnitID                50
        bNrInPins               2
        baSourceID(0)           2
        bNrChannels            34
        bLength                40
        bDescriptorSubtype      4 (MIXER_UNIT)
        bUnitID                60
        baSourceID(0)          50
        bNrChannels             6
        bmMixerControls(0)   0xff
        bmControls           0xff
          Cluster Control (read/write)
          Underflow Control (read/write)
          Overflow Control (read/write)
        iMixer                255 (error)
      Warning: Junk at end of descriptor (25 bytes):
        ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 
        bLength                34
        bUnitID                12
        bSourceID              60
        bmaControls(0)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(1)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(2)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(3)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(4)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(5)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(6)     0x00000000
        bLength                31
        bUnitID                61
        bNrChannels             4
      Warning: Junk at end of descriptor (16 bytes):
        ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 
        bLength                26
        bUnitID                13
        bSourceID              61
        bUnitID                55
        wExtensionCode     0x0002
        baSourceID(0)          12
        baSourceID(1)          13
        bNrChannels             5
        bUnitID                54
        wExtensionCode     0x0001
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0006  1x 6 bytes
        bInterval               8
    Interface Descriptor:
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming
      iInterface              0 
    Interface Descriptor:
      bAlternateSetting       1
      AudioStreaming Interface Descriptor:
        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (AS_GENERAL)
        bTerminalLink           2
        bFormatType             1
        bmFormats          0x00000001
          PCM
        bLength                 6
        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (FORMAT_TYPE)
        bFormatType             1 (FORMAT_TYPE_I)
        bSubslotSize            3
        bBitResolution         24
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            5
          Transfer Type            Isochronous
          Synch Type               Asynchronous
        wMaxPacketSize     0x03a8  1x 936 bytes
        bInterval               1
        AudioStreaming Endpoint Descriptor:
          bDescriptorType        37
          bDescriptorSubtype      1 (EP_GENERAL)
          bmAttributes         0x00
          bLockDelayUnits         2 Decoded PCM samples
          wLockDelay         0x0008
    Interface Descriptor:
      bInterfaceNumber        2
    Interface Descriptor:
        bTerminalLink          22
          PCM
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes           37
          Usage Type               Implicit feedback Data
    Interface Descriptor:
      bInterfaceNumber        3
      bInterfaceClass       254 Application Specific Interface
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Device Firmware Update
      bInterfaceProtocol      1 
      iInterface              4 DFU
      Device Firmware Upgrade Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                             9
        bDescriptorType                    33
        bmAttributes                        7
          Will Not Detach
          Manifestation Tolerant
          Upload Supported
          Download Supported
        wDetachTimeout                    250 milliseconds
        wTransferSize                      64 bytes
        bcdDFUVersion                   1.10
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength       0x02ea
    bNumInterfaces          4
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          3 Config
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Association:
      bDescriptorType        11
      bFirstInterface         0
      bInterfaceCount         3
      bFunctionClass          1 Audio
      bFunctionSubClass       0 
      bFunctionProtocol      32 
      iFunction               0 
    Interface Descriptor:
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Control Device
      iInterface              5 Audient EVO16
        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)
        bcdADC               2.00
        bCategory               8
        wTotalLength       0x0250
        bmControls           0x01
          Latency control Control (read-only)
        bClockID               41
        bmAttributes            3 Internal programmable clock 
        iClockSource            6 Audient Internal Clock
        bClockID               44
        iClockSource            7 Audient Optical1 Clock
        bClockID               45
        iClockSource            8 Audient Optical2 Clock
        bLength                10
        bDescriptorSubtype     11 (CLOCK_SELECTOR)
        bClockID               40
        bNrInPins               3
        baCSourceID(0)         41
        baCSourceID(1)         44
        baCSourceID(2)         45
        bmControls           0x03
          Clock Selector Control (read/write)
        iClockSelector          9 Audient Clock Selector
        bTerminalID             2
        iTerminal              11 Audient EVO16 Inputs
        bLength               122
        bUnitID                10
        bSourceID              51
        bmaControls(1)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(2)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(3)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(4)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(5)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(6)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(7)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(8)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(9)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(10)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(11)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(12)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(13)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(14)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(15)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(16)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(17)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(18)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(19)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(20)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(21)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(22)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(23)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(24)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(25)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(26)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(27)    0x00000000
        bmaControls(28)    0x00000000
        bTerminalID            20
        wTerminalType      0x0301 Speaker
        bSourceID              10
        bTerminalID             1
        wTerminalType      0x0201 Microphone
        bUnitID                58
        iChannelNames         255 (error)
        bUnitID                62
        bNrChannels             1
        bLength               106
        bUnitID                11
        bSourceID               1
        bmaControls(1)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(2)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(3)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(4)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(5)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(6)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(7)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(8)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(9)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(10)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(11)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(12)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(13)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(14)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(15)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(16)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(17)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(18)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(19)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(20)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(21)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(22)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(23)    0x03300000
        bmaControls(24)    0x03300000
        bTerminalID            22
        bSourceID              52
        iTerminal              10 Audient EVO16 Outputs
        bUnitID                52
        baSourceID(1)           2
        bUnitID                51
        bNrChannels            28
        bUnitID                50
        baSourceID(0)           2
        bNrChannels            34
        bLength                40
        bUnitID                60
      Warning: Junk at end of descriptor (25 bytes):
        ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 
        bLength                34
        bUnitID                12
        bSourceID              60
        bmaControls(5)     0x00000000
        bmaControls(6)     0x00000000
        bLength                31
        bUnitID                61
        bNrChannels             4
      Warning: Junk at end of descriptor (16 bytes):
        ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 00 
        bLength                26
        bUnitID                13
        bSourceID              61
        bUnitID                55
        wExtensionCode     0x0002
        bNrChannels             5
        bUnitID                54
        wExtensionCode     0x0001
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0006  1x 6 bytes
        bInterval               8
    Interface Descriptor:
    Interface Descriptor:
        bTerminalLink           2
          PCM
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            5
    Interface Descriptor:
    Interface Descriptor:
        bTerminalLink          22
          PCM
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes           37
          Usage Type               Implicit feedback Data