Change clock settings for snd_dice device

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mvdev0
Established Member

Change clock settings for snd_dice device

Post by mvdev0 »

Hey!

A few weeks ago I change my arch linux system using pipewire(-jack) instead of native jack.

I do this for a (older) focusrite saffire pro 24 device, using libffado befor, but now with
pipewire the snd_dice module.

It's working nice so far, but with this changes I can't use ffado-mixer anymore.

The device is setup and I don't really need the mixer.

I use this machine with another one having it's own device, and they both are connected
together. This other device is setup as master clock, the fsp24 as slave and receives
the signal over ADAT.

That all is working if I do not power off the fsp24 after work but only the master.

But I do not like having the slave all the time powered on.

In the past, with libffado, one of the first steps after booting is to check in ffado-mixer
the fsp24 is slave and using this external clock and possibly changing from internal to ADAT.

Now I can't do this anymore. Yesterday I shutdown both devices and in preparation for the next
session I start the master, wait until it's online and then start the slave.

But, as with libffado, sometimes the fsp24 changes to internal clock, as it do yesterday.

I'm looking in /proc and /sys and searching for some options for the snd_dice module
to inform the fsp24 using the external ADAT clock.. but I can't find any informations.

Isn't it possible to change this setting without ffado-mixer?

Sometimes I boot a alternative installation where libffado is present, but it's a mess
doing this only for changing the clock setup.

Thanks for reading and spend time!

Helmut Hanning (mvdev0)