Hydrogen is awesome.

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Chipfryer
Established Member

Hydrogen is awesome.

Post by Chipfryer »

I just thought I'd post this because it will get picked up by search engines. Wow! I cannot get the Windows version to run properly so I wrote the drum track solely on Linux while I'm building another new dedicated Linux machine from bits and pieces.

I recorded a drum track to a song I wrote at a sample rate 44100. Imported it on to the windows machine and quite simply.............. Wow! No errors, perfectly in sync. I'm a drummer by nature folks. It matters and it works.
I find that all pretty amazing really.

Just had to share. :shock:
Jan
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen is awesome.

Post by Jan »

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I am certainly a non-drummer and I had to learn the hard way that less is more, but I am impressed by Hydrogen. It took some time to get a good sounding kit (using he GSCW now). I like very natural sounding kits, a la Sting or Porcupine Tree, and with Hydrogen even I can get some decent drum beats.
The more it stays the same, the less it changes
SR
Established Member

Post by SR »

No argument here. Hydrogen is really great for creating realistic, human sounding beats. I actually have a hard time making anything that sounds like a machine.
zettberlin
Established Member

Post by zettberlin »

Chipfryer wrote: perfectly in sync. I'm a drummer by nature folks.:
Good to know that :-)

I had it recording the same song in 3 seperate steps for bassdrums, snare and cymbals and all 3 tracks fitted together perfectly well.

The recent version is really a major improvement. Worked with it the other day and the new stuff, I allways missed in H2 (piano roll for more diversity and power, sampleeditor) worked absolutely flawless. And the new features are as the entire app: designed to work with fun. Easy to understand, absolutely logical and still powerfull enough for tricky tricks ;-)
nostrum fungitur
dchurch24
Established Member

Post by dchurch24 »

"Hydrogen is awesome."

Yes. Yes it is ;-)