Any luck with Zoom-UAC 8 on Linux? The low latency attracts me, are there any alternatives possibly?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cateffus

Any luck with Zoom-UAC 8 on Linux? The low latency attracts me, are there any alternatives possibly?

Post by cateffus »

Hello my fellow earth musicians and engineers, do you any recommendations for a good value low-latency, 8+ input, audio interface that potentially works with USB 3.1 (or 3)?

My computer does not have thunderbolt 3, if it did, I would get the Presonus Quantum 2626 (though I am not sure if that is linux compatible either). I use a lot of live-effects so low round trip time is important to me. I am also on Linux Manjaro.

The Zoom UAC-8 attracts me because of the low round trip time advertised. Though I am not sure if it will work on Linux, I haven't found any answers online. I asked Zoom, but until they reply, does anyone know here? And are there other recommendations for my use case?

Thank You.
cateffus

Re: Any luck with Zoom-UAC 8 on Linux? The low latency attracts me, are there any alternatives possibly?

Post by cateffus »

Zoom -

"Hello,

Our devices are not compatible with Linux based operating systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience."
polk9
Established Member

Re: Any luck with Zoom-UAC 8 on Linux? The low latency attracts me, are there any alternatives possibly?

Post by polk9 »

Late answer but...
I have a Zoom UAC-2 whoch seems to be the same series of UAC-8.
It works perfectly on Ubuntu Studio 20.04 and Manjaro, you just need to activate the class compliant mode.