Midi Latency, Behringer UMC-1820, Ardour 5.12, Jack 0.5

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ratze
Established Member

Midi Latency, Behringer UMC-1820, Ardour 5.12, Jack 0.5

Post by ratze »

Hi :-) I'am having a prob with the Midi-Latency working with the stuff above. My Midi Keyboard goes Midi out straight in the UMC, from the UMC Midi-Out goes into my EMX-1. So, i tried a lot of the basic configuration at Jack and the settings in Ardour. But it runs not in time. Has anybody a hint for me ?

Thank you very much.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Midi Latency, Behringer UMC-1820, Ardour 5.12, Jack 0.5

Post by bluebell »

ratze wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm Hi :-) I'am having a prob with the Midi-Latency working with the stuff above. My Midi Keyboard goes Midi out straight in the UMC, from the UMC Midi-Out goes into my EMX-1. So, i tried a lot of the basic configuration at Jack and the settings in Ardour. But it runs not in time. Has anybody a hint for me ?

Thank you very much.
Maybe this helps if you are using jack2:
https://manual.ardour.org/setting-up-yo ... -on-linux/

"Using a2jmidid acts as a bridge between ALSA MIDI and JACK. The -X seq or -X raw arguments should not be used—the timing and performance of these options is unacceptable."

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

ratze
Established Member

Post by ratze »

Hi bluebell, thank you. "-X seq or -X raw arguments",

Sorry, i dont know anything about these arguments. I looked in the Ardour-Manual and in the Jack-Interface. There were no such parameters. Please, where do i find these arguments ? Is there a script or something and how will i turn them off ? (Sorry for my englisch.... )
bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

ratze wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:26 pm Hi bluebell, thank you. "-X seq or -X raw arguments",

Sorry, i dont know anything about these arguments. I looked in the Ardour-Manual and in the Jack-Interface. There were no such parameters. Please, where do i find these arguments ? Is there a script or something and how will i turn them off ? (Sorry for my englisch.... )
These are args to jackd to make it bridge ALSA midi to jack midi and vice versa. Be sure to understand the difference between jack midi and ALSA midi.

Additionally, find out if it's really the midi signal that has the latency. If you output your EMX-1 to the interface's input and don't use direct monitoring (don't know it your interface is capable) then you get jackd's latency on the audio signal as well.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/