[SOLVED] MIDI Keyboard suddenly not working in ZynAddSubFX

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Jimi-James
Established Member

[SOLVED] MIDI Keyboard suddenly not working in ZynAddSubFX

Post by Jimi-James »

When I connect this Nektar SE25 MIDI keyboard to ZynAddSubFX (newer Fusion version) and press keys, the virtual keyboard lights up, but nothing else happens. No sound. If I click the virtual keyboard with a mouse, it works fine. This MIDI keyboard works fine with any other synth.

This wasn't happening just a couple weeks ago. I have successfully used this exact MIDI keyboard with ZynAddSubFX just fine previously.

When I google this issue I find a lot of threads, all by people who just didn't understand how to connect MIDI devices in JACK or how to make sure the correct channel is selected in ZASFX's UI. I have everything connected properly AFAIK, and the issue persists.
Image Image

I also saw one mention that this issue can happen with an illegimate copy of zyn-fusion, but I actually did properly purchase my copy back when it was new, and still get updates from that same source.

I may have upgraded my system since it stopped working, but I'm not sure. I don't remember installing any updates that are likely to have anything to do with this besides the linux kernel itself.
Last edited by Jimi-James on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAM
Established Member

Re: MIDI Keyboard suddenly not working in ZynAddSubFX

Post by LAM »

DId you check you are on the right MIDI Channel?

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

Jimi-James
Established Member

Re: MIDI Keyboard suddenly not working in ZynAddSubFX

Post by Jimi-James »

Problem solved!

This keyboard has its own internal MIDI channel setting. I forgot about it until you reminded me--thanks. I left it on channel 1 last time I used it, but it apparently wasn't on channel 1 until I switched it just now, and now everything works. I guess this thing can just randomly be on a different channel when you plug it in.
TAERSH
Established Member

Re: [SOLVED] MIDI Keyboard suddenly not working in ZynAddSubFX

Post by TAERSH »

Hehe, that's almost as funny as my MIDI-Keyboard. It randomly transposes up/down after plugin / switch on. :lol: