Audient EVO 4 volume control

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Genoramo
Established Member

Audient EVO 4 volume control

Post by Genoramo »

I noticed that on Windows the main dial adjusts the same volume that Windows reports in its volume control app. I.e. its the same thing if I use the volume +/- buttons on my keyboard or turn the dial on the interface. If I adjust the interface knob the value is shown in the volume control app.

Compare that to Linux: the volume can be adjusted separately in the volume control app and on the interface. Meaning that if I adjust the knob on the device, Linux still shows the previous volume level.

Is it possible to adjust the volume like in Windows? How?

Thanks.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Audient EVO 4 volume control

Post by bluebell »

Genoramo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:53 am I noticed that on Windows the main dial adjusts the same volume that Windows reports in its volume control app. I.e. its the same thing if I use the volume +/- buttons on my keyboard or turn the dial on the interface. If I adjust the interface knob the value is shown in the volume control app.

Compare that to Linux: the volume can be adjusted separately in the volume control app and on the interface. Meaning that if I adjust the knob on the device, Linux still shows the previous volume level.

Is it possible to adjust the volume like in Windows? How?

Thanks.
To adjust the volume in your interface try alsamixer.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

Genoramo
Established Member

Post by Genoramo »

Thanks, that is correct, in alsamixer there is a volume control which is the same as the knob on the interface, I can see it changing when I turn the knob. But I'm using pulseaudio for playback, so I'd like to use this control as the main volume slider in pulseaudio in KDE. How can I do that?
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

In your KDE configuration for that mixer application or applet there may be an option to select which mixer device it controls. Match that to the mixer control that move along with the knob in alsamixer and you should get what you want.
Genoramo
Established Member

Post by Genoramo »

evo4.png
evo4.png (95.85 KiB) Viewed 958 times
That's what I see. Alsamixer shows the only output with 26% volume, while all Pulseaudio programs show the output at 100%. There's no other output to choose.