[SOLVED] Scarlett 6i6 1st gen, no audio

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jsaipafrer

[SOLVED] Scarlett 6i6 1st gen, no audio

Post by jsaipafrer »

Hello,
I switched months ago from Windows to Linux (Pop_OS 20.04 more specifically) just to try it out. I had a dual boot specifically because my sound card, a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1st gen, wouldn't play any sound (and I had no time to fix this issue until now).
Now that I have more time, I deleted completely my Windows partition and have been trying to fix the sound issue, which is very frustrating since I've read that theoretically, it should work without any special configuration. My default sound parameters even detect the card and that it is a bit more "sophisticated" than my internal sound card, but no sound seems to come out of it.

I have no experience whatsoever working/configuring sound on Linux but I tried to use Cadence to route PulseAudio through JACK and to configure the card. Jack appears as a device in my sound configuration and when I select it, using the Meter In/Out, I can see that the sound is routed through Jack but still doesn't come out of the speakers connected to the card. I know that my sound card works since I can use it without any problems on Windows 10 and even using a W10 VM with USB Passthrough.

Does anybody know how to solve this ? Sorry if this isn't detailed enough, I don't really know what kind of information is needed to solve this kind of issue.
Also, is there any good resource for linux sound configuration ? I really want to understand what I'm doing but the few resources I found seem to be don't have much information.
Last edited by jsaipafrer on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsaipafrer

Re: Scarlett 6i6 1st gen, no audio

Post by jsaipafrer »

well, I found a solution to my problem : seems that the output to my speakers was muted by default on Alsa. Just had to unmute it from alsamixer and it works... I now feel dumb to have spent so much time and effort trying to fix this but well, I guess it could help some people with little experience using Linux with this kind of hardware...
souli

Re: [SOLVED] Scarlett 6i6 1st gen, no audio

Post by souli »

Hey there!
I've been a new Linux user, also using the same Pop OS version and 1st gen 6i6.
Do you mind me having a chat with you about how to make this happen? I'm a bit confused and can't manage to use my setup :?
That's my discord -> Souli#6284 , or if you can send me a PM or something I would appreciate that so much!
souli

Post by souli »

sent another pm, looks like you are not getting notified about those for some reason. sorry to spam
Tranced
Established Member

Post by Tranced »

souli wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:56 am

Hey there!
I've been a new Linux user, also using the same Pop OS version and 1st gen 6i6.
Do you mind me having a chat with you about how to make this happen? I'm a bit confused and can't manage to use my setup :?
That's my discord -> Souli#6284 , or if you can send me a PM or something I would appreciate that so much!

Hi, did you get it sorted? I have zero sound on Debian 12.