Allen&Heath ZED i10

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

derado
Established Member

Allen&Heath ZED i10

Post by derado »

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and hope that someone can help me to make a decision.

I am considering to buy Allen&Heath ZED i10. Does anybody know if it will work on Linux? I have seen that ZED 18 works https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/hw/allen-heath_zed18 but I am not sure if ZEDi 10 will work as well.

Many thanks,
Dejan
stanlea
Established Member

Re: Allen&Heath ZED i10

Post by stanlea »

Coinsider that the usb connection is limited to 2 channels on the zed series.
tripomatic
Established Member

Post by tripomatic »

Take from Zedi-10 technical datasheet available on their website
The mixer shall have a 4in/4out USB Audio Interface which will allow for a total channel count of ten. The audio interface shall operate at 24 bit/96kHz as standard, be class compliant for Mac and iOS devices and be compatible with Windows.
As they speak of class compliant and on the site there are no drivers for mac oe ios i presume it just works as usb-audio device.
I don't have that device, so i can't say for sure.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

So this is the zed -i and it is an enhanced version of the zed, having a wider usb connection. So you'll have 4 in / 4 out which is better but still a bit limited with 10 analog in. If you don't want to record more than 4 sources simultaneously, it's ok. It is indeed class compliant, so it should work.
derado
Established Member

Post by derado »

Thanks a lot, you helped me indeed
derado
Established Member

Post by derado »

I've just installed it. It seems it works right out of the box, just the entrance is silently heard. I guess there is something with the software. Audacity recognizes the sound and can record it but very quietly. But I can't get any input into Guitarix or Guitarrack
algo_ritmo

Post by algo_ritmo »

I record music using the ZED i10 with Waveform on a computer running Ubuntu and works. You can individually get each of the four audio channels sent from the mixer. No need to install any drivers just directly connect the USB. I hope this helps.