Supported Audio Interface Information

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

merlyn
Established Member

Re: Supported Audio Interface Information

Post by merlyn »

Yes, that's a refreshing change from the usual corporate-speak. If it works, great.

On the subject of specs ... The specs I found for the Minifuse were in the manual. Dynamic range 110dB (typical). The 'typical' means there is some variation between units. It's good, but it's the same as a Behringer 202. I'm not suggesting you get a Behringer, but how did you decide the specs are much better than the alternatives?
geoffrey
Established Member

Post by geoffrey »

DjPJ wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:35 pm [...]
Contrary to FOCUSRITE that sends a copy/paste "official corporate denial" of any form of LINUX support, ARTURIA answered, in depth.
This for me is the mark of a great company, one that I want to buy from.

(Note: I read that FOCUSRITE programmers helped with the development of Linux drivers by the community).
FOCUSRITE is a great product, it's great popularity attesting to that. I am just an unlucky scalded cat ;-)
[...]
Hi @DjPJ,

FYI, there was a Focusrite developer who assisted with the Scarlett Gen 1 Linux driver, but I wrote the Gen 2/Gen 3 driver and Focusrite definitely didn't help me (I did ask, but the answer was no).

Regards,
Geoffrey.
JaRue
Established Member

Post by JaRue »

Hi, just finished my degree in sound design. did all my assessments with my linux laptop and the iRig Pro I/O. No issues here. I don't get super low buffers like 64 samples to run, but other than that: it's fine. (this is with debian bookworm, liquorix kernel, plain ALSA for audio-work in Bitwig)

My Steinberg UR22 Mk2 on the other hand has some problems, as you may have read. Didn't have the time yet to investigate it with another distro/file a bug report.

EDIT: typos
Cool! Thanks for the feedback. I actually ended up ordering a TC Helicon Go Solo (similar to the iRig, but explicitly claims USB 1.0 class compliancy) ... I will try it out on my Kubuntu 20.04 LTS setup and report back :-)
JaRue
Established Member

Post by JaRue »

Heya, just to report back with my experiences using the TC Helicon GO SOLO interface, plugged into a Razer Blade 15 running Kubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Everything works out-of-the-box, seems to be USB 1.0 compliant like TC Helicon claims. I was able to get 44100 and 48000 operation going in jack without fuss, down to a block size of around 128 (with a few xruns, but still useable). Unfortunately the GO SOLO does not have real-time monitoring of the mic input, and even a block size of 128 still gives a percievable monitoring delay.

The lack of 0-latency monitoring probably keeps this interface from being something you would use for any serious studio work... but that being said, the mic pre and audio quality boost is a nice step up from a USB compliant dongle interface. I guess the compatibility with Android/iOS phones is also a plus? Though for slightly less money you could get a Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 which is better built and has more features like direct monitoring.. though is a bit bigger/blocky