>> Picture from: Ted's Linux MIDI Guide >> http://www.tedfelix.com/linux/linux-midi.html
To use multiple Audio/MIDI interfaces synchronously, in low latency, good audio quality and simultaneously you need JACK.
The used Audio/MIDI interfaces have to be synchronized so that they work together sample accurate.
In a program - for example Ardour - you can route everything everywhere between the different Audio/MIDI interfaces inputs and outputs.
- ALSA - MultipleCards >> http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards , "~/.asoundrc" >> https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc#Virtual_multi_channel_devices
- Jack - multiple soundcards >> http://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html
- JACK - alsa_in and alsa_out >> https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/WalkThrough_User_AlsaInOut
- Zita-njbridge >> https://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/
- Pulseaudio >> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/FAQ/#index31h3
- NetJackTrip >> https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=95720#p95720
- audioadapter >> see below
4. Merge multiple sound cards into qjackctl:
Setup > Advanced: "Server Prefix" select "jackdmp", "H/W Monitor", "H/W Meter", "Soft Mode", (RT) "Priority (0 - 99)" (https://linux.die.net/man/1/jackd)
Setup >> Options >> [X] Run script at startup
Code: Select all
jack_load -i "-d hw:1 -i16 -o16" 9632 audioadapter && jack_bufsize 128 &
hw <-- you want to merge (sound card) (hw:1/hw:0/...)
-i <-- your number of sound card inputs
-o <-- your number of sound card outputs
9632 <-- as you want to call them (jackport name)
jack_bufsize <-- set the JACK buffer size
Synchronisation your cards: with SPDIF, word clock or an internal sync port.
Is there anything about this in the manual of your used sound card?
(Personal, unverified and possibly false assumption: "? I think you need to synchronize the soundcards over one of the possibilities mentioned above. If it doesn't offer your sound card it won't work. The audioadapter does not do this. ?") IMHO
- https://www.rme-audio.de/english/techinfo/sync.htm (German: https://www.rme-audio.de/techinfo/sync.htm); (https://www.rme-audio.de/download/hdspeaio_e.pdf)
>> Source: Multiple Soundcards >> https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=95025#p95025