RME Fireface UCX in Linux 5.1

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

eikakot
Established Member

RME Fireface UCX in Linux 5.1

Postby eikakot » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm

stanlea
Established Member

Re: RME Fireface UCX in Linux 5.1

Postby stanlea » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks, what does this support better than simple Class Compliant ?

stanlea
Established Member

Postby stanlea » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:28 pm

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=RME-Fireface-UCX-Linux

What is unclear for me is the availability of this patch, as Kernel 5.0 is not ready yet. Could this patch be applied on actual kernels ?

kflak
Established Member

Postby kflak » Mon May 27, 2019 12:10 pm

I own a Fireface UCX, and have been using linux-ck 5.1.x. for a little while now, but I don't really see/hear any difference from previous versions. I was (naively) hoping for native control of the animal through alsamixer, but I don't see any. Nor do I see much difference in terms of latency. Would be great to know what the fuzz is all about... Or do I have to modprobe something to get the thing to work properly? Unfortunately my C skills aren't up to the task of decifring the git diff.

Jamesf
Established Member

Postby Jamesf » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:09 am

kflak wrote:I own a Fireface UCX, and have been using linux-ck 5.1.x. for a little while now, but I don't really see/hear any difference from previous versions. I was (naively) hoping for native control of the animal through alsamixer, but I don't see any. Nor do I see much difference in terms of latency. Would be great to know what the fuzz is all about... Or do I have to modprobe something to get the thing to work properly? Unfortunately my C skills aren't up to the task of decifring the git diff.

Are you using it via USB or firewire?
I'm not a C hacker myself, but I do spend way too much of my time doing code forensics.. One thing that stood out was that all the files being patched are under

Code: Select all

/sound/firewire/
, which strongly implies to me that it's specifically for firewire operation and won't affect USB usage.

kflak
Established Member

Postby kflak » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 am

Oh dear... I am using it with USB. Haven't seen a firewire cable in ages. Might have to get me an adapter, then, to benefit from this. Thanks for staring at the code!

Return to “Computer Related Hardware”