I have released a new version of the Scarlett 2nd Gen mixer driver: https://github.com/geoffreybennett/scar ... /v5.1.15s7
The Gen 2 6i6, 18i8, and 18i20 are all supported now, with the following controls:
- Master volume knob indicator (18i20 only)
- Mute and dim switches (18i20 only)
- Volume controls for the analogue HW outputs
- HW/SW volume switches for the 10 analogue HW outputs (18i20 only)
- Line Level/Instrument Level and Pad controls (6i6 and 18i8 only)
- Output mux (where the sound for the HW outputs comes from; defaults to PCM outputs)
- Capture mux (where the sound for PCM recording comes from; defaults to HW inputs)
- Matrix mux (where the sound going into the mixer comes from; 18 inputs default off)
- Mixer matrix (18 inputs * 10 outputs = 180 controls)
- Level meters
The driver is disabled by default so it won't accidentally break anyone's setup. To enable it, you now need to create a file /etc/modprobe.d/scarlett.conf containing the line "options snd_usb_audio scarlett_gen2_mixer_enable=1" (then unload/reload the driver or reboot).
Please test and let me know how you go! Even just an ack that it didn't break anything for you would be great.