TC Electronics Impact Twin

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Taika-Kim
Established Member

TC Electronics Impact Twin

Post by Taika-Kim »

Just wanted to report, that the Firewire version of this interface seems to work perfectly these days. A few years ago I had a nightmarish experience with FFADO and Jack, but the new ALSA drivers integrated in the kernel work fine with Jack and low latencies.

Only problem is, that the latest version of the low-latency kernel breaks Ubuntu 17.1 at least for me, so I'm using an older 3.x version. With the standard kernel there are sound problems.

These go pretty cheaply used and are very well built and are not very heavy, so great for gigging. And there's ADAT in/out so these go together great with Eurorack and other CV gear with the Expert Sleepers modules.
aicram
Established Member

Re: TC Electronics Impact Twin

Post by aicram »

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Good to know. I prefer firewire to usb and still happily use my firewire fca202 connected to my behringer x1622 usb xenyx mixer with the new firewire stack. I have found that the old ffado and jack no longer work with my equipment. I am glad of the new change with firewire now.

aicram
matyas
Established Member

Re: TC Electronics Impact Twin

Post by matyas »

What version of the kernel are you running? I would love to get my TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48 running. Currently, it's recognized under ALSA and I can send audio to it, but I'm getting a constant stream of dropouts. This is using kernel 4.15.0-20-lowlatency.

Honestly, I didn't expect it to work and figured I'd just use my X32 (class-compliant USB) under Linux, but I'd love to get the TC box working if possible.