Ultralite AVB

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pemberley
Established Member

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby pemberley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Thanks for the new patches for proprietary mode, Drumfix! I'll hopefully get a chance to try them out soon.

Update on the stability of the old firmware version: still works great! I just had a recording session last night, with no issues at all.

I'm optimistic that these patches will allow me to use a new firmware; the touch mixer is pretty cool.

KREAM

Postby KREAM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi, MOTU 1248 user here with the channel hopping problem. I'm so glad I've finally found an appropriate thread for this issue but disappointed that it seems to be a long running problem! I've tried KDE Neon, Neon + KXStudio Repos, Ubuntu 18.10, Ubuntu Studio 18.10, all to no avail.

stanlea
Established Member

Postby stanlea » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm

KREAM wrote:Hi, MOTU 1248 user here with the channel hopping problem. I'm so glad I've finally found an appropriate thread for this issue but disappointed that it seems to be a long running problem! I've tried KDE Neon, Neon + KXStudio Repos, Ubuntu 18.10, Ubuntu Studio 18.10, all to no avail.

Did you try the bios regression ?

KREAM

Postby KREAM » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 pm

stanlea wrote:Did you try the bios regression ?

I did not since I use the touch mixer regularly during band rehearsal every weekend. I'm going to give Manjaro a shot just to try something that isn't ultimately Ubuntu-based.

ahellquist
Established Member

Postby ahellquist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi !

I stumbled upon L-Acoustics which seems to be actively working on an open source AVDECC protocol implementation for all platforms.
(The L-Acoustics gears I've come across so far has been top of the line and superior to anything else I've heard but that is not important in this case but that makes at least me having high hopes they are really putting an effort behind this.)

Their github repo is seemingly very active.
https://github.com/L-Acoustics/avdecc

Is this something that can help us get Motu AVB on linux a huge boost ??

From the github text:
"What is LA_avdecc

LA_avdecc is a set of open source libraries for controlling and monitoring AVB entities using the AVDECC protocol (IEEE 1722.1) compliant to Avnu Milan.

These libraries are written in pure C++17. They can be compiled on Windows, Linux and macOS, using standard development tools (procedure below). Unit tests and sample programs are also provided.

These libraries have already been used indirectly in many musical events throughout the world to control all kinds of AVB entities (list below). L-Acoustics' Network Manager 2.5 (and up) now relies on them for all its AVDECC functionalities in compliance to the Avnu Milan Specifications.

Another benefit is the support of Apple’s native API, which allows control of the input and output AVB streams of a Mac from itself (which is not possible with the libraries using PCAP).

We use GitHub issues for tracking requests and bugs."

and also:

"Tested AVB entities:

L-Acoustics: LA4X, LA12X, P1
Biamp: Tesira Forte
Avid: S6L
MOTU: 112D, 828, Traveller, StageBox16 (my comment here is that Motu Stage-B16 share firmware with Ultralite AVB)
MeyerSound: Galileo GALAXY, CAL
QSC: Q-SYS Cores
Apple: macOS Talker, Listener and Controller (El Capitan and later)
AudioScience: Hono AVB Mini"

Maybe this is news or not..

Cheers

Return to “Computer Related Hardware”