Anyone using the AudioBox USB?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sricks3

Anyone using the AudioBox USB?

Post by sricks3 »

tl;dr: Has anyone gotten the PreSonus AudioBox USB working with Linux, or should I just buy one of the Focusrite Scarlett interfaces?
----------------------------
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but this place looks like a great community.

I've been using Linux for several years now, but the main reason I've kept Windows as a dual-boot option has been for audio production efforts. I've had a Line6 UX8 (which I recently sold) and a PreSonus AudioBox USB (original, not AudioBox USB 96) working well under Windows, but neither have worked under Linux. ALSA/Jack just doesn't seem to recognize the AudioBox at all. I'm tempted to just get one of the Scarlett interfaces because they seem to work so well for everyone, but before I do, I thought I'd just ask here to see if anyone has gotten the AudioBox USB working under Linux. I did a search and noticed that several people seem to use the AudioBox 1818VSL, but I didn't see any mention of the original AudioBox USB.

For what it's worth, I'm running Antergos. I haven't settled fully on a DAW, but I like the looks of Ardour and the Non system.
<><
Steven
boh_zo

Re: Anyone using the AudioBox USB?

Post by boh_zo »

Hey. What is the output of the 'dmesg' command after you plug it in? I am having an issue on the same device. See my post for reference:

https://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopi ... 481#p87481
Musinux
Established Member

Re: Anyone using the AudioBox USB?

Post by Musinux »

Hi,

I had this working pretty fine. I still have it sitting here and can test if you want.

As suggested in the other thread:
Try switching USB-Ports or unplugging things you don't need (maybe the windows drivers does some magic to make it work).
Maybe it doesn't like USB 3.0/3.1 ports.

Take a look at/post output of:

Code: Select all

lsusb
and

Code: Select all

lsusb -t