[SOLVED] FR 2i2 (v2)

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: FR 2i2 (v2)

Post by CrocoDuck »

gimmeapill wrote:Looking a the lsusb output, it seems like the 2i2 is on the same bus as a few other peripherals, including a wireless adapter and a line6 audio device (I assume this is your acquisition card).
Worth to mention that in few cases Wireless can give xrun frenzy also in case of not evident IRQ conflict. In case this persists, it is worth to test audio with wifi disabled, perhaps by modprobing out the kernel driver module.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

OK, the problem was indeed having the different input and output (input being the 2i2 and the output the DGX). As soon as I set them both to the 2i2, I could record 48K, 128 frames and 3 periods and had no xruns whatsoever in the few hours I've tried it.

(Oddly enough, I tried all the ports in my desktop and they all showed as Bus 001. One of them was backplate that I'm mounted myself (connecting to the motherboad), with nothing else in it. I don't understand what is going on... But, at least it working!)

I'd like to thank all for the very information comments, suggestions and invaluable help!
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

finotti wrote:OK, the problem was indeed having the different input and output (input being the 2i2 and the output the DGX). As soon as I set them both to the 2i2, I could record 48K, 128 frames and 3 periods and had no xruns whatsoever in the few hours I've tried it.

(Oddly enough, I tried all the ports in my desktop and they all showed as Bus 001. One of them was backplate that I'm mounted myself (connecting to the motherboad), with nothing else in it. I don't understand what is going on... But, at least it working!)

I'd like to thank all for the very information comments, suggestions and invaluable help!
Cool! :D If you are confident it is working alright, mark the thread as solved by editing the title of the first post.