Focusrite Scarlett Second Generation

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

geoffrey
Established Member

Re: Focusrite Scarlett Second Generation

Postby geoffrey » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:32 pm

@Arnd @randyg @gramos
I added ALSA support for the 18i8 2nd Gen mixer as well as the 18i20!

The source, an RPM and a .deb package are available here:

https://github.com/geoffreybennett/scar ... /v5.0.10s5

All the levels/mixing/routing, level and pad functionality is working for me. If you can test it and it works or doesn't work for you, please let me know. I am trying to get the driver incorporated into the kernel and the more testing that can be done before that happens the better!

Thanks!

Sesse

Postby Sesse » Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi,

I just got my 18i20 gen 2. I tried with your .deb kernel, and as far as I can tell, the mixer works right out of the box—at least everything I've been able to test (basic playback, interaction with the knobs, checking button values). A lot of the values start off at zero, but I think that's just because the physical knobs are turned all the way down.

Any plans for mainlining this?

Sesse

Postby Sesse » Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 pm

I have one little nit; one of the ALSA controls is called “Clock Source Clock Source”. That's probably redundant.

geoffrey
Established Member

Postby geoffrey » Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 am

Sesse wrote:Hi,

I just got my 18i20 gen 2. I tried with your .deb kernel, and as far as I can tell, the mixer works right out of the box—at least everything I've been able to test (basic playback, interaction with the knobs, checking button values). A lot of the values start off at zero, but I think that's just because the physical knobs are turned all the way down.

As far as I can tell, it's not possible to read the mixing and routing configuration from the hardware, so I pretend that the mixer values are all set to zero and the routing is set 1:1 between hardware inputs/output and PCM inputs/outputs. The hardware will keep the configuration you put on there, but you'll want to use "alsactl store" and "alsactl restore" if you want to be able to change the configuration later without setting it up from scratch again.

Sesse wrote:Any plans for mainlining this?

Working on it! https://mailman.alsa-project.org/piperm ... 48392.html

Thank you for your testing and feedback! It'll be very useful (increase chance of acceptance) when there's no more fixes from reviewers to be able to say that lots of people have tested with their hardware and confirmed that it works.

Return to “Computer Related Hardware”