"System exclusive" Event (Omnitronic FAD-9)

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Leonid

"System exclusive" Event (Omnitronic FAD-9)

Post by Leonid »

Hey there,
I have a question concerning the mentioned MIDI-Controller.

The Scenario:
I got almost everything to work, under Kubuntu 15.10 with KxStudio repos, using "Cadence", "Claudia", "QMidiRoute" and "KMidimon", so that i can configure every element on the device as I wish.
The only two things that don't work are a horizontal fader and the bank switcher. KMidimon recognizes these inputs without a channel as an event kind of "System exclusive", which unfortunately isn't working with QMidiRoute at all. If I move the slider, the controlled data is a long hex value of 8x2 digits, but just the second last pair changes its value from 00 to 7f (which matches the range of the working sliders/knobs).
Picture: Image

The Question:
So, is there any trick/method/tool (even on cl) to map this "system exclusive" stuff to a standard midi channel, or do you have any other ideas how I could use it normally?

p.s.
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really already did some research on this, without a satisfying solution.
HamishTPB
Established Member

Re: "System exclusive" Event (Omnitronic FAD-9)

Post by HamishTPB »

I am picking one of these up at the weekend but I did try it out already on my laptop (running KXStudio) and most of the midi output I tracked matched what the manual says. It does state that a few controls are fixed (possibly the sysex stuff you describe) but most of it can be assigned.

The bank switch is an on-board bank switch, not a software control, it worked fine for me, sending a slightly different midi code with the same parameters when I switched banks and tried a control.

I will have a proper play with it at the weekend and I am happy to discuss it with you in more depth once I have.

If it is any help, here is the manual link:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10478 ... e=8#manual