I am trying to bring my Scarlett 6i6 back to life on an Archlinux system. I did my fair share of googling but it seems issues people have with this unit are different than mine...
- Long story short:
- It worked out of the box on both Linux Desktop computer and Windows Laptop. I would hear some clicks & pops when it "starts", but then it would play ok.
- I installed Scarlett MixControl program on Windows which asked me to do a firmware update, which I performed.
- Since then whenever I plug in the card to my Linux Desktop, I can hear some clicks&pops in the beginning like I used to earlier, but after that it's silent.
- Hardware is recognized by both PulseAudio and Jack when I run it. It seems to work, I just don't hear anything.
- When I faced this issue for the first time on Linux box, I connected the card back to Windows Laptop. It did not output any sound. But when I started MixControl App, I heard one click and it started working. It is now just working on this laptop without any issues.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.