Scarllet 2i2 boot problem

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aistis
Established Member

Scarllet 2i2 boot problem

Post by Aistis »

Well, i have finally fixed most of the audio problems in linux, that were driving me crazy for a few months, but i still have one problem (i pray that it's the last one :x ) which is not linux related per-se. When i start my computer the usb light on my "Scarllet 2i2" audio card is not lit, so the device doesn't start with the system, however i can start it by unplugging it and plugging it back again. I'm not a big fan on this method, especially when i have to switch between systems quite often, so i looked at my bios settings. The usb port shows the name Scarllet 2i..., but it is not listed as an active device (like my usb hard drive, mouse and keyboard), so i'm not sure how i could remedy this situation. Has anyone else had this problem?

Side note: Is it normal for the audio card to pop and crack when i load my operating system (those are full volume pops and cracks too)?. Same thing happens when i shut down thesystem.
cowboystitching
Established Member

Re: Scarllet 2i2 boot problem

Post by cowboystitching »

Have you tried running it from a different port? I have the 2i2, and have never had this happen.

I think I know what you're talking about with the clicking on startup and shutdown; it's bus powered, so that's the unit switching on and off. I usually just turn off my monitors before I shutdown and turn them on after startup.
Aistis
Established Member

Post by Aistis »

cowboystitching wrote:Have you tried running it from a different port? I have the 2i2, and have never had this happen.

I think I know what you're talking about with the clicking on startup and shutdown; it's bus powered, so that's the unit switching on and off. I usually just turn off my monitors before I shutdown and turn them on after startup.
Yes i did, from all ports actually. It did this on my previous pc also, so i'm at a loss here. Maybe the card itself is with a deffect, though it probably has nothing to do with initializing usb contact with the motherboard.
hellalive
Established Member

Post by hellalive »

I have a 2i2 too, and never had this issue. What kernel are you running?
He had a lot of nithing to say, we'll miss him
cowboystitching
Established Member

Post by cowboystitching »

This sounds like maybe a BIOS issue since you said after unplugging it works fine. Is there any way to configure the ports for startup? Or possibly the card itself, is there a music store nearby that would maybe let you try one and return it?