[SOLVED] RME AIO

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MauryG5
Established Member

Re: RME AIO

Post by MauryG5 »

very well then we have full control we are also happy with Linux. You know I just noticed that 4 new icons have appeared that I hadn't seen because I hadn't opened the full Linux menu since I installed the tools you told me and the RME firmware that made me install him as soon as I tried to access the mixer in any case with the hdsploader command. In addition, the start icon for HDSPconf has appeared. I send you the photo of the executables that have come out ... I think we are ready at this point ... :-D
Attachments
Photo1.png
Photo1.png (216.18 KiB) Viewed 9731 times
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

Hi, this morning the RME AIO arrived, I've mounted it and I'm testing it, it has a good quality of course, the details are more marked than the sound of the motherboard, you can hear the difference. At the moment I can't connect it to a quality amplifier, but the Bose Companion 20's are already behaving quite well I have to say, so for the moment it's ok :-) Of the applications you downloaded Linux, the one that opens is hdspe mixer, HDSPETools doesn't open I don't know why. Anyway what I'm mainly interested in works and does it well as you told me. The channels currently available I see that there are 16, you can see clearly in alsamixer that opens by calling the appropriate command from the shell.Well thanks again for all the advice, it's thanks to you that today I have this beautiful sound card mounted on my computer!
We'll be updated for news of various kinds, thank you very much!
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

MauryG5 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 pm Hi, this morning the RME AIO arrived, I've mounted it and I'm testing it, it has a good quality of course, the details are more marked than the sound of the motherboard, you can hear the difference.
:D
MauryG5 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 pm Of the applications you downloaded Linux, the one that opens is hdspe mixer, HDSPETools doesn't open I don't know why.
After installing the card you have to run "hdsploader" once in the console, after that the "hdspmixer" works.
"hdspcontrol" will not work, but you can use "alsamixer" to adjust the settings. :D

<EDIT>
The package "alsa-firmware-loaders" https://packages.debian.org/buster/alsa ... re-loaders
should also be installed.

Code: Select all

L@M:~$ hdsploader
hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
Card 0 : RME AIO S/N 0x5df461 at 0xf6700000, irq 35
Card 1 : HDA {%~\# NVidia :.-( 0xf6080000 irq 103 0o  :evil: 
</EDIT>
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

To permanently save the settings in alsamixer (as root):

Code: Select all

alsactl store
In hdspmixer also save the settings as one or more presets.
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

Yes the mixer works I opened it regularly and I installed the firmware of the RME on a regular basis. The card works with the mixer without problems, only that there is an icon with the hammer called HDSPETools that does not open in any case. The mixer works regularly. Instead I wanted to ask you an important thing that I'm noticing unfortunately, that is, there seems to be a disturbance between the video card and the sound card because using RME, when I upload a video on YouTube for example, or I move in the menus with the mouse pointer , you hear a small noise coming from the speakers. If I disconnect the RME outputs, obviously the noise stops. Do you have any idea why? I read that Creative now uses separate card power to avoid interference between video / audio cards. In fact RME is powered by the PCIe port and therefore it could be subject to this problem but it seems strange to me that in RME they have not evaluated this thing ... Do you know anything? Thanks
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

I'm afraid I can't help you there.
Possibly: Did you install the non-free graphics drivers? You should have them.
Can anyone else explain/solve the problem?
And just to be on the safe side, ask in the RME Forum or on ALSA mailing lists.
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

Yes, the drivers are the free ones, I also thought in fact to ask directly in the RME forum, let's see if they can tell me why this problem happens ... Thanks a lot always
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Install the non-free drivers of your graphics card from the package manager of your distribution, then the problem should be solved.
HDSPe AIO for Linux Fedora >> https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30411
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

Hi KHZ, everything is fine, I solved as I wrote in the RME forum, thank you very much always for your support. The first thing I tried this morning was to disassemble the graphics card and start a Linux distribution without a graphics card installed but the problem was the same so I realized that it wasn't the graphics department but something with the RME and what was around it. I reassembled the graphics card, disassembled, checked and reassembled the RME and then replaced the audio output cable. The disturbance has almost completely disappeared, only a barely perceptible minimum if you put the volume of the speakers at the maximum you normally never use so it's fine and it will be normal in itself. I think that these cables that damage are not the best, they have some defects in the shielding themselves and being that there are no direct outputs from the board, then as soon as you have a cable that has some defects, you notice immediately. I think I'm still going to go ahead and buy the output expansion card and I think next month will be my next purchase... :-)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

I'm glad you found the ~bug and fixed it. The audio/MIDI interface is great, it seems that when you bought a component you were just unlucky.
Have fun with it and share your knowledge.
Digital Black
Established Member

Post by Digital Black »

MauryG5 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:52 am hello, sorry I'm new to the forum, I would like to resume this discussion because I am interested in purchasing this RME HDSPe AIO card but I need to have secure information. I have a computer with Linux and I use Fedora as a distro, you can confirm that this card works well on Linux. If you would like to know the procedure of how you have done it ... thanks
Hi, mine started to work fine (the gui and all) after I installed some csound related apps (!). My distro is still AVlinux and I'm bit hesitant to upgrade to the latest. Could be something Qt related.
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

Hi DigitalBlack, welcome back to this discussion too, as I said to KHZ, the hardware problem was and after a careful review of everything, I changed the audio output adapter, which as I said not knowing that it was included, I bought aside and I solved the problem. Imagine that it manifested above all when I went on the internet and I selected icons or windows while browsing, it made a very annoying and ugly rustle and blurred the quality of the card which as KHZ says, is really high. As impressions I can confirm what KHZ has always said, a really good card, sound that compared to the integrated motherboard has acquired body, dynamics, presence and detail and consider that I use computer speakers albeit of good quality but always computer speakers. Certainly her quality can be put even more in evidence with an amplification and speakers more suitable for her. For me a further added value of this card is undoubtedly the made in Germany and I am not the only one to say it. In a world where 95 percent of these products are made in China and Taiwan, I think it's a really great thing so big compliments to RME!
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

As an amplifier e. g. the PAS 2002PCA and powerful, dynamic, precise, neutral, ... . loudspeaker and ... . 8)
MauryG5
Established Member

Post by MauryG5 »

KHZ but to reproduce sources with a sampling frequency higher than 44 KHZ do you have to do some manual setting or does the card automatically set according to the source?