Ultralite AVB

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

supereb
Established Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby supereb » Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm

I've done some more testing. I'm able to USB with only two buffers.

The Bad: Overall latency for a given buffer size is higher, 20.3mS in Linux vs 11.7mS in Windows 10 (44.1kHz, 256).

The Good: I'm able to use much smaller buffers in Linux. I am able to run Mixbus 32C with Waves Abbey Roads Plates (CPU Hog!) at 64 samples for a latency of 7.2mS! In Windows 10, even 256 would cause high CPU with this combination.

Still interested in trying AVB but happy that overall system performance is substantially better with the Motu in Linux!

Drumfix
Established Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby Drumfix » Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 am

I can put up the AVB code somewhere during the weekend. A NIC with intel i210 is currently still required.

supereb
Established Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby supereb » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am

Awesome! I’ll get an i210 nic ordered and installed.

stanlea
Established Member
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby stanlea » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Alas I have a laptop. :(

Musinux
Established Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby Musinux » Sun May 19, 2019 2:46 pm

v1.3.5+626 is out. http://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/firmwarechangelog/
Implemented low bandwidth mode when both computer input and output channel count is set to 32 or lower. This will help USB compatibility with x99 chipset based systems.


Hope that it solves something even without using x99 chipsets.

BTW, nice work on all those patches and stuff, folks!

ahellquist
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby ahellquist » Mon May 20, 2019 11:19 am

Musinux wrote:v1.3.5+626 is out. http://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/firmwarechangelog/
Implemented low bandwidth mode when both computer input and output channel count is set to 32 or lower. This will help USB compatibility with x99 chipset based systems.


Hope that it solves something even without using x99 chipsets.

BTW, nice work on all those patches and stuff, folks!

Anyone tested the 1.3.5+626 firmware regarding the prolem with weird samplerate-timing-drift that makes most previous firmwares unusable ?

/Anders

baptiste
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby baptiste » Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm

ahellquist wrote:Anyone tested the 1.3.5+626 firmware regarding the prolem with weird samplerate-timing-drift that makes most previous firmwares unusable ?

/Anders


It's still decimating after a few minutes.

ahellquist
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am

Re: Ultralite AVB

Postby ahellquist » Mon May 20, 2019 1:38 pm

baptiste wrote:
ahellquist wrote:Anyone tested the 1.3.5+626 firmware regarding the prolem with weird samplerate-timing-drift that makes most previous firmwares unusable ?

/Anders


It's still decimating after a few minutes.

Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear there is no change.
The only thing my support requests to Motu has done so far as I can see is large statements about:
"The following versions are compatible with Mac and Windows" on different places..
They seem to not care much about the USB-CC users.

On a side note, It seems like Presonus are the people pushing AVB most theses days and let's hope that ripples the market a bit.


/Anders


Return to “Computer Related Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests