New and Updated VST Plug-Ins for Linux

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

New and Updated VST Plug-Ins for Linux

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

So it's been a while, but just a quick heads-up that Applied Computer Music Technologies (developer of the OverTone range of plug-ins) now have a comprehensive range of plug-ins (and plug-in bundles) specifically for Linux at:

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products

Please feel free to take a look, or try the free demos - they're very nice...
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Re: New and Updated VST Plug-Ins for Linux

Update: The ACM500X Series now also includes the ACM530X1 plate reverb emulation.

The ACM500X Series and ACM-SA Series plug-ins provide a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment for your Linux DAW of choice. Ideal for anyone wanting to make the switch to Linux for professional audio production. (Even if Linux is not your main operating system, with outstanding support for legacy hardware, it’s never been easier or more cost effective to re-purpose older studio hardware to form a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment). More information about the ACM-SA Series and 500X Series plug-ins can be found here
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

Is this different from RVB500?

I demoed it for a short while, and I think I am able to hear a difference, but I might just be imagining things.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

I demoed it for a short while, and I think I am able to hear a difference, but I might just be imagining things...
The ACM-Series builds on the DSP we developed for the OverTone range of plug-ins, however there may also be some feature additions, tweaks and improvements - To quote myself from a thread on the Reaper / Linux forum,
With the ACM range we wanted to build on the original DSP but add some extra features and make some adjustments - without fear of affecting the character which our users valued. For example: The ACM500 provides an extra HPF option, midrange Q control (instead of bandwidth) and improved HF / LF / Mid boost ranges. The ACM510 also has a side-chain HPF option to prevent audible pumping on bass heavy material. In addition the reference level has been modified to bring it more in line with the standard -18dBFS = 0dBu (It was a conscious design decision in the DYN500 to reference it to more 'digital' levels) The ACM-2SA / 2A has a modified transformer / tube amplifier saturation characteristic which, again, has been referenced to -18dBFS.
As always, perhaps the most important consideration when evaluating any audio processing (hardware or plug-ins) is 'do you like the sound?' (and does it work well in the context in which it is used) - and less so whether it sounds like anything else.
WforWoollyMammoth
Established Member

Post by WforWoollyMammoth »

mike@overtonedsp wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:52 pm
I demoed it for a short while, and I think I am able to hear a difference, but I might just be imagining things...
The ACM-Series builds on the DSP we developed for the OverTone range of plug-ins, however there may also be some feature additions, tweaks and improvements - To quote myself from a thread on the Reaper / Linux forum,
With the ACM range we wanted to build on the original DSP but add some extra features and make some adjustments - without fear of affecting the character which our users valued. For example: The ACM500 provides an extra HPF option, midrange Q control (instead of bandwidth) and improved HF / LF / Mid boost ranges. The ACM510 also has a side-chain HPF option to prevent audible pumping on bass heavy material. In addition the reference level has been modified to bring it more in line with the standard -18dBFS = 0dBu (It was a conscious design decision in the DYN500 to reference it to more 'digital' levels) The ACM-2SA / 2A has a modified transformer / tube amplifier saturation characteristic which, again, has been referenced to -18dBFS.
As always, perhaps the most important consideration when evaluating any audio processing (hardware or plug-ins) is 'do you like the sound?' (and does it work well in the context in which it is used) - and less so whether it sounds like anything else.
[removed my own reply]