Mixbus 6 is out

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

Post Reply
User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Mixbus 6 is out

Post by English Guy »

Mixbus 6 is out. Upgrade price of $19 for existing users. Mixbus runs natively on Linux and supports the Ardour project.

https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html
tavasti
Established Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 am
Location: Kangasala, Finland
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by tavasti »

Just thinkin should I upgrade my Mixbus or switch to 32C. Sensible side of me says that with my use and skills, 32C would not make any difference, but there is also that other side of me, which has GAS (or is software 'gear') ...
Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM
My music-related hobby business: https://chordpak.com/
User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by English Guy »

tavasti wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 am Just thinkin should I upgrade my Mixbus or switch to 32C. Sensible side of me says that with my use and skills, 32C would not make any difference, but there is also that other side of me, which has GAS (or is software 'gear') ...
I have been tempted but in the long term I am not sure I would be able to keep up upgrading it. The upgrade path for Mixbus is cheaper. The upgrade to Mixbus is worth it.

Strangely enough, on my system I loaded the same project onto 5 then 6 and the DSP load was slightly lower on 6 - not what you would expect with a new version
User avatar
ufug
Established Member
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 am
Location: East Bay

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by ufug »

I got 32C during one of their crazy sales, but sometimes wish I had stuck with regular Mixbus because of the lowlowlow upgrade train. The only differences seem to be the number of busses and the EQ, both of which are nice but neither of which I really need.

Either way, 6 is definitely a nice upgrade for the Mixbus addicted.
listenable at sugargas.info
tavasti
Established Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 am
Location: Kangasala, Finland
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by tavasti »

ufug wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:19 pm I got 32C during one of their crazy sales, but sometimes wish I had stuck with regular Mixbus because of the lowlowlow upgrade train. The only differences seem to be the number of busses and the EQ, both of which are nice but neither of which I really need.
Number of busses is not relevant for me, at least yet. EQ might be usefull. That point, higher price in upgrades: in case that upgrade price starts to feel bad, and you have any version of plain mixbus, you can upgrade it to latest with $19. From Mixbus v2 to v7 when it is available, $19.
Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM
My music-related hobby business: https://chordpak.com/
omer666
Established Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by omer666 »

I love this new version, and quite surprisingly, the track I've been working on with Mixbus 5 for the last couple of months sounds way better with Mixbus 6! The sound is fuller and brings the lower-end forward without losing that touch of "air saturation" I love. I even had to lower that 120Hz bump I made to the heavily distorted guitars because man, too much sustain on the lower end! (which is nice in fact)
User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by English Guy »

omer666 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 am I love this new version, and quite surprisingly, the track I've been working on with Mixbus 5 for the last couple of months sounds way better with Mixbus 6! The sound is fuller and brings the lower-end forward without losing that touch of "air saturation" I love. I even had to lower that 120Hz bump I made to the heavily distorted guitars because man, too much sustain on the lower end! (which is nice in fact)
Glad to hear you say that. I thought it sounded better too, especially in the bass end. Midi programming is working better too.
User avatar
milo
Established Member
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 am
Location: Southern Utah, USA
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by milo »

What's better about the midi workflow? From what I can see on the videos and screenshots it looks pretty similar to v5: http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/ ... topic/midi
User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by English Guy »

milo wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:55 pm What's better about the midi workflow? From what I can see on the videos and screenshots it looks pretty similar to v5: http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/ ... topic/midi
For me I was getting some problems and glitches in 5 that are completely missing in 6.
jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by jonetsu »

omer666 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 am I love this new version, and quite surprisingly, the track I've been working on with Mixbus 5 for the last couple of months sounds way better with Mixbus 6!
I concur, it does sound better. Way better might a bit too much, but definitively a bit better.
jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by jonetsu »

milo wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:55 pm What's better about the midi workflow?
Bitwig.
User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Re: Mixbus 6 is out

Post by English Guy »

Having found it hard ar first I really like the midi workflow on Mixbus now.
Post Reply