MSoundFactory

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

MSoundFactory

Post by jonetsu »

MSoundFactory, stlll beta, is officially out. This is a modular synth by Melda. Not yet fully completed as at least a sampler will be added, it nevertheless offers tons of options, in the typical Melda UI way. At the moment it is offered at a rather low price, with a target price of 299€ eventually.

I run Melda plugins using wine staging and linvst. There are no problems per se but ... in Bitwig, the plugin must be minimized and brought back in order to reflect UI size variations. And Melda plugins can change their size depending on chosen options. So that's two clicks and some mouse movements which I find no big deal compared to what functionality is provided. However, in Ardour/Mixbus this does not work since Ardour does not close the UI when minimizing a plugin. It only puts it away. So when the plugin is brought back, there is no chance for the plugin to tell Ardour about new UI dimensions. I only use Melda plugins in Mixbus with presets, which I may have created in Bitwig.

Apart from this UI aspect, Melda plugins are running in Xubuntu 18.04 LTS, wine-4.5 (Staging), and linvst from git, after ubuntuuser made a change for Melda plugins.

It might be that new customers also get a discount:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory

Cheers.
msf.jpg
msf.jpg (56.19 KiB) Viewed 619 times